Expat Tax Services
File from anywhere in the world with our virtual tax preparation. Or visit an overseas office near you.
Expat Virtual Tax Preparation
We'll file your taxes from anywhere in the world. And we mean anywhere. Even if there isn't an office near you, we can prepare and file your return virtually thanks to the internet and your phone. Just upload your documents to our secure portal and we take it from there. Whether you're in Sydney or Singapore, we have the right expat tax services for your situation.
We make expat tax preparation simple.
- Register online and complete your tax organizer
- We assign your tax advisor and provide a price quote
- We prepare your return remotely
- Pay for and review your tax return
- We file your tax return with the IRS
Additional Expat Tax Preparation & Services Information
Our pricing is tailored to meet your unique situation – from the simplest returns to the most complex. We're very competitive with local or U.S.-based accountants and a much better value than large accounting firms. Before we start, we'll provide you with a precise fee quote. Assuming there are no additional forms or complexity once the process begins, your fee will be the same as your upfront estimate.
Generally speaking, with simple employment income and some bank account interest only, the typical price for our expat tax filing is between $300 and $500 USD. Additional costs will apply for:
- State tax filing requirements
- Foreign investments
- More than 5 non-U.S. bank or financial accounts
- Rental properties
- Income from self-employment
- Ownership of businesses and trusts
We specialize in US expat tax preparation - from the simplest of returns to the most complex. These are the expat tax services we offer.
- Federal tax preparation and filing
- State tax return preparation and filing
- FBAR filing (Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts)
- Past-due tax returns from prior years
- Year-round audit support
- Free extension filing
- Tax consulting and advice
- Local tax return preparation in some countries
Alternatively, file your U.S. tax return in one of our offices around the world.
H&R Block has a number of offices around the world. To find an office and meet with one of our expat tax professionals in person, simply select your country. If there are no offices near you, we can still file your expat return with our virtual tax preparation services.
Visit the H&R Block Canada website for a comprehensive list of offices and services.
Visit the H&R Block Puerto Rico website for a comprehensive list of offices and services.