Learn about taxes safely from home
H&R Block virtual tax classes are a safe and convenient way to learn everything you ever wanted to know about taxes from, well anywhere. And with work from home on the rise, our virtual income tax preparation course can help accelerate your career and could even lead to a potential job.Disclaimer number160. Scroll to bottom of page.
Learn from home with online tax preparation courses through the H&R Block academy.
Convenient & flexible
Monthly classes begin in August, with some in-person locations available.
Learn from experienced H&R Block Tax Professionals.
Your future looks bright withour Income Tax Course
Taking H&R Block’s income tax preparation course can help lead to a potential job or jump-start your remote working career. In fact, many of H&R Block’s first year tax pros started with Block this way. A new future as a tax pro could be yours in 12 weeks.Disclaimer number160. Scroll to bottom of page.Begin your virtual journey
Test your tax knowledge
Already a pro at taxes? Put your expertise to the test with our Tax Knowledge Assessment. Depending on how you score, you could test out of H&R Block's income tax classes. Go ahead, prove you're a pro.Take the Knowledge Assessment
Expert instructors with real-world experience ina virtual setting. It's all par for the course.
What You’ll Learn
- Tax theory
- Current tax laws and filing practices
- Step–by–step skills to prepare tax returns
- Client communication skills and techniques
- Total class time is 73 hours
Course Program Includes
- Interactive, professional discussions
- One–on–one instructor assistance
- Hands–on experience with the latest tax software
- Real–world tax preparation exercises
- e–book course materials in English and Spanish
Course Graduates Receive
H&R Block Tax Course Topics
- Wages, Income, and Taxes
- Filing Requirements
- Education Provisions
- Penalties and Amended Returns
- Retirement Contributions
- Passive Income
- Qualifying Dependents and Support
- Retirement Distributions
- Tax Planning
- Dependent-Related Filing Statuses
- Itemized Deductions
- Interest and Dividend Income
- Self-Employment Income
- Software Simulation
- EITC and ACTC
- Capital Assets
- State Fundamentals
- Other Income and Adjustments
Want to learn more?
Sign up to receive more info and jump-start your tax career.