You can prepare taxes like a pro.And maybe even become one.
H&R Block classes are a simple, convenient way to learn everything you ever wanted to know about taxes but were afraid to ask. Our tax preparation classes can help you master your annual return. They can also lead to a job.Disclaimer number160. Scroll to bottom of page.
Convenient and Flexible
H&R Block classes are held at neighborhood offices and meet at a variety of times.
Learn from experienced H&R Block Tax Professionals, the best in the business.
The H&R Block tax course includes both classroom instruction and web–based learning and activities. Spanish translation available as needed.
Already an experienced tax professional?
If so, you could use your tax knowledge and experience to work for the nation’s tax leader. H&R Block offers competitive salary with pay increase opportunities through continuing education and advanced training with over 250 continuing education courses available. You’ll enjoy a flexible work schedule that meets your lifestyle. And our tools and resources can help you attain Enrolled Agent status to help further your career. Start by taking our online Tax Knowledge Assessment now.
Expert instructors, hands on experience, one-on-one instruction. It’s all par for the course.
What You’ll Learn
- Tax theory
- Current tax laws and filing practices
- Step–by–step skills to prepare tax returns
- Client communication skills and techniques
- Total class time is 60 hours
Course Program Includes
- Interactive, professional discussions
- One–on–one instructor assistance
- Hands–on experience with the latest tax software
- Real–world tax preparation exercises
- e–book course materials in English and Spanish
Course Graduates Receive
- H&R Block Certification
- Certificate of Completion
- Qualifying Education Hours
- 3.5 hours of recognized credit with the University of Phoenix®Disclaimer number162. Scroll to bottom of page.
H&R Block Tax Course Topics
- Introduction & Course Overview
- Wages, Income and Taxes
- Filing Requirements
- Dependent Exemptions and Support
- Dependent Related Filing Statuses
- Interest & Dividends
- Earned Income Credit & Due Diligence
- Other Income
- Education Credits
- Reviews & Exams