Have You Heard About the Refund Transfer at H&R Block Offices?
Consider this scenario: You are at a tax office filing your taxes with a tax professional. Completing your tax forms, communicating life changes, and obtaining all available tax credits and deductions are top of mind. But paying for tax preparation is not…
Refund Transfer for the Win
Within an H&R Block tax office, if you don’t want to pay for your tax preparation at the time of filing, consider the Refund Transfer from our banking partner, BofI Federal Bank. A Refund Transfer provides many benefits, including the convenience of having your tax preparation fees deducted from your Refund Account after our services are complete.
Reasons to Consider Refund Transfer
Here are six reasons to consider Refund Transfer this year:
- It’s easy and convenient: If you are already at a tax office, your tax professional can walk you through the application process in the office.
- State and federal options at your fingertips: If you purchase a Refund Transfer for your federal return and also have a state refund, you can have your state refund sent to your Refund Account at no additional cost.
- Use Refund Transfer to receive your refund(s): A Refund Transfer includes a Refund Account, which is a temporary bank account to receive your tax refund(s). If you do not have a personal bank account, this will allow you to receive your tax refund by direct deposit.
- Multiple disbursement options: You can choose to receive your tax refund proceeds, minus tax preparation and related fees (as well as any other amounts you authorize), on an H&R Block Emerald Prepaid Mastercard®, via a physical check or deposited to an existing account.
- Feel a sense of security: Your tax refund is deposited in a secure, FDIC-insured account with multiple disbursement options.
- Get updates: You can receive email or text updates when funds are available. (Standard text messaging rates may apply.)
What are the Associated Costs?
A Federal Refund Transfer is $34.95. If you choose a state Refund Transfer, there is no additional charge with the purchase of a federal Refund Transfer. Also, if you choose to receive your Refund Transfer funds via a paper check, it’s an additional $25 fee.
Get More Information
Want more information on Refund Transfer? Head here to learn more and make an appointment.
Refund Transfer (RT) is provided by BofI Federal Bank, Member FDIC. Fees apply. A RT is a tax refund-related deposit product, not a loan, and is limited to the size of your refund less applicable fees. You can e-file your return and receive your refund without a RT, a loan or extra fees. You must meet legal requirements for opening a bank account. Other restrictions apply. H&R Block Maine License Number: FRA2
The H&R Block Emerald Prepaid MasterCard® is a tax refund-related deposit product issued by BofI Federal Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated. Emerald Financial Services, LLC is a registered agent of BofI Federal Bank. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. Not available at all locations and to all applicants. Additional fees, terms and conditions apply; consult your Cardholder Agreement for details. ID verification required.
Get online tax help without ever stepping into a tax office. Learn how Tax Pro Go makes getting expert tax prep a hassle-free experience.
Have you heard of H&R Block with Watson? Visit one of our offices to see how we’re combining tax professionals’ expertise with IBM Watson's powerful computing.
Learn how to become a tax preparer with the experts at H&R Block. You can learn the essentials by completing the H&R Block Income Tax Course (ITC).
Meet H&R Block Budget Challenge scholarship winner Tuffa Said. His finanial savvy in our simulation helped him win a $20,000 scholarship!