If I did some home renovation projects. Do I qualify for a home renovation tax deduction on the sales tax for the items I bought for the project?
You may qualify for a home renovation tax deduction on the sales tax for the materials you purchased. However, all of the following must apply:
- You’re claiming the deduction for state and local sales taxes instead of the deduction for state and local income taxes.
- You’re using the optional sales tax tables.
- It’s considered a substantial addition to or major renovation of the home.
Big ticket items are:
- Motor vehicles, like:
- Motor homes
- Recreational vehicles
- Sport utility vehicles (SUVs)
- Off-road vehicles
- Aircraft or boats
- Homes, like:
- Mobile home
- Prefabricated home
- Substantial addition or major renovation of the home
Can you deduct job hunting expenses from your taxes this year? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
How much is the tax credit for having a baby? And what about claiming a newborn on your taxes? Learn more about filing taxes with a baby at H&R Block.
Can you claim your foster or adopted child as a dependent? Learn more about this issue and get tax answers at H&R Block.
As a wage earner in Florida, you should know all you can about Florida tax information. While this is a no income tax state, there are other Florida taxes.