I have a question about first time home buyer taxes. Is there a first time home buyer tax credit available?
As a first time homebuyer, tax credit is not necessarily available to you. However, as a first time homeowner taxes may reduced by itemizing your tax return. This is true even if you are not a first time homeowner. if you itemize, you can claim some deductions that are available to homeowners:
- Mortgage interest credit — if you were issued a mortgage credit certificate
- Mortgage interest deduction
- Real estate tax deduction
- Points paid to reduce your mortgage interest rate
- Qualified mortgage insurance premiums
Learn more about claiming dental expenses on your federal tax return with advice from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Is your personal property tax deductible? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Spending your time volunteering is a great way to give back. Learn more about charitable deductible contributions when filing your taxes at H&R Block.
Are military moving expenses tax deductible? Learn more and get tax answers at H&R Block.