I have a question about first time home buyer taxes. Is there a first time home buyer tax credit available?
As a first time homebuyer, tax credit is not necessarily available to you. However, as a first time homeowner taxes may reduced by itemizing your tax return. This is true even if you are not a first time homeowner. if you itemize, you can claim some deductions that are available to homeowners:
- Mortgage interest credit — if you were issued a mortgage credit certificate
- Mortgage interest deduction
- Real estate tax deduction
- Points paid to reduce your mortgage interest rate
- Qualified mortgage insurance premiums
Learn how your spouse owing back taxes may impact your federal tax return from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Find out more about the gross cap on medical expenses with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.
If you e-file your taxes with H&R Block, learn how to check the status of your e-file tax return with this step-by-step guide.
Can you claim a credit on your taxes if your babysitter is a relative? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.