I have a question about first time home buyer taxes. Is there a first time home buyer tax credit available?
As a first time homebuyer, tax credit is not necessarily available to you. However, as a first time homeowner taxes may reduced by itemizing your tax return. This is true even if you are not a first time homeowner. if you itemize, you can claim some deductions that are available to homeowners:
- Mortgage interest credit — if you were issued a mortgage credit certificate
- Mortgage interest deduction
- Real estate tax deduction
- Points paid to reduce your mortgage interest rate
- Qualified mortgage insurance premiums
Can you deduct child support payments from your taxes? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Can you claim a depreciation credit if you have been given a mileage reimbursement? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Is car insurance tax deductible? Discover if you can deduct your car insurance premiums. Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Will the IRS give you a tax reimbursement on gas? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.