I have a question about first time home buyer taxes. Is there a first time home buyer tax credit available?
As a first time homebuyer, tax credit is not necessarily available to you. However, as a first time homeowner taxes may reduced by itemizing your tax return. This is true even if you are not a first time homeowner. if you itemize, you can claim some deductions that are available to homeowners:
- Mortgage interest credit — if you were issued a mortgage credit certificate
- Mortgage interest deduction
- Real estate tax deduction
- Points paid to reduce your mortgage interest rate
- Qualified mortgage insurance premiums
Are COBRA payments tax deductible? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Find out if you can claim the standard deduction if your spouse itemizes their deduction but you are filing separately with help from the tax experts
Learn more about money saying year-end tax tips and get tax answers at H&R Block.
Learn whether you can claim a non-dependent's medical expenses on your tax return with advice from the tax experts at H&R Block.