I have a question about first time home buyer taxes. Is there a first time home buyer tax credit available?
As a first time homebuyer, tax credit is not necessarily available to you. However, as a first time homeowner taxes may reduced by itemizing your tax return. This is true even if you are not a first time homeowner. if you itemize, you can claim some deductions that are available to homeowners:
- Mortgage interest credit — if you were issued a mortgage credit certificate
- Mortgage interest deduction
- Real estate tax deduction
- Points paid to reduce your mortgage interest rate
- Qualified mortgage insurance premiums
Do you know which documents you need to claim business expenses? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn more about keeping tax records with the experts at H&R Block.
Not sure if your dependent can claim an education credit? Discover your options for filing or amending your return. Get tax answers from H&R Block.
Make it your New Year's resolution to file a quick tax return online. Learn how to be the most prepared once e-file opens with H&R Block.