What’s the education credit income limit?
The education credit income limit for The American Opportunity Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit phase out based on your modified adjusted gross income (AGI). The credits phase out over these AGI ranges:
- For the American Opportunity Credit the education credit income limit is as follows:
- Single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er) — $80,000-$90,000
- Married filing jointly — $160,000-$180,000
- The Lifetime Learning Credit phaseout for your modified AGI:
- Single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er) — $55,000-$65,000
- Married filing jointly — $111,000-$131,000
Looking for information about your Delaware refund? Find out details on how to check your Delaware refund status, who to contact, and more from H&R Block.
Find out if you can claim the standard deduction if your spouse itemizes their deduction but you are filing separately with help from the tax experts
Is there an IRS name change form? Learn more about name changes with the IRS and get tax answers at H&R Block.
Does your child make more than $4,000 but still live at home? Discover if they qualify as a dependent on your taxes. Get tax answers from H&R Block.