What’s the education credit income limit?
The education credit income limit for The American Opportunity Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit phase out based on your modified adjusted gross income (AGI). The credits phase out over these AGI ranges:
- For the American Opportunity Credit the education credit income limit is as follows:
- Single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er) — $80,000-$90,000
- Married filing jointly — $160,000-$180,000
- The Lifetime Learning Credit phaseout for your modified AGI:
- Single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er) — $55,000-$65,000
- Married filing jointly — $111,000-$131,000
Are you eligible for tax deductions if you're a truck driver? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn about the tax implications of prepaid mortgage interest and real estate taxes to determine if you can deduct them or not from the tax experts at
Learn about your w-4 and the tax withholding allowances with our articles from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Does the number of dependents on your W4 need to match the number on your tax return? Learn more and get tax answers from H&R Block.