What's the education credit income limit?
The education credit income limit for The American Opportunity Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit phase out based on your modified adjusted gross income (AGI). The credits phase out over these AGI ranges:
- For the American Opportunity Credit the education credit income limit is as follows:
- Single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er) — $80,000-$90,000
- Married filing jointly — $160,000-$180,000
- The Lifetime Learning Credit phaseout for your modified AGI:
- Single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er) — $55,000-$65,000
- Married filing jointly — $111,000-$131,000
Learn more about claiming premium tax credits with advice from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Do you know how to claim child care expenses for a nondependent child? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn more about IRS Form 8396 and claiming the mortgage interest credit from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Are you eligible for tax credits when pursuing higher education? Learn more about these credits and get tax answers at H&R Block.