What’s the education credit income limit?
The education credit income limit for The American Opportunity Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit phase out based on your modified adjusted gross income (AGI). The credits phase out over these AGI ranges:
- For the American Opportunity Credit the education credit income limit is as follows:
- Single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er) — $80,000-$90,000
- Married filing jointly — $160,000-$180,000
- The Lifetime Learning Credit phaseout for your modified AGI:
- Single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er) — $55,000-$65,000
- Married filing jointly — $111,000-$131,000
Find out if you can e-file multiple state tax returns and learn about reciprocity agreements with help from H&R Block.
Are you a wage-earning New York state resident? Find out how to check when you may receive your NY state refund with help from H&R Block.
Interested in learning more about Ohio tax brackets? Learn more about Ohio income tax rates, with help from the tax pros at H&R Block.
Do you own real property in Louisiana (LA)? Get your Louisiana property tax questions answered with help from the experts at H&R Block.