What’s the education credit income limit?
The education credit income limit for The American Opportunity Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit phase out based on your modified adjusted gross income (AGI). The credits phase out over these AGI ranges:
- For the American Opportunity Credit the education credit income limit is as follows:
- Single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er) — $80,000-$90,000
- Married filing jointly — $160,000-$180,000
- The Lifetime Learning Credit phaseout for your modified AGI:
- Single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er) — $55,000-$65,000
- Married filing jointly — $111,000-$131,000
File your tax return online with H&R Block. We’re breaking down how to file your taxes online for an easy and efficient process.
Do you add state and local taxes together when claiming itemized deductions? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Want to know more about NJ property tax rates? Read on to learn who owes NJ real property taxes, how to pay, and when to pay.
The Florida tax rate is 0% for income taxes. While individuals don’t pay Florida income tax, corporations do. Learn more in this post from H&R Block.