What’s the education credit income limit?
The education credit income limit for The American Opportunity Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit phase out based on your modified adjusted gross income (AGI). The credits phase out over these AGI ranges:
- For the American Opportunity Credit the education credit income limit is as follows:
- Single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er) — $80,000-$90,000
- Married filing jointly — $160,000-$180,000
- The Lifetime Learning Credit phaseout for your modified AGI:
- Single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er) — $55,000-$65,000
- Married filing jointly — $111,000-$131,000
If you need help handling an estate, we're here to help. Learn how to file taxes for a deceased loved one with H&R Block.
Choosing the wrong filing status is a common mistake. Do you know what your tax filing status is? Read on to learn about filing statuses with H&R Block.
From retirement account contributions to self-employment expenses, learn more about the five most common tax deductions with the experts at H&R Block.
Getting married? Having a baby? Buying a house? Go through your life events checklist and see how each can affect your tax return with the experts at H&R Block.