I have a question about the IRA Tax Credit. Why don't I qualify for the retirement savings contribution credit / Saver's Credit?
To be eligible for the retirement savings contribution credit/Saver’s Credit, you must meet all of these requirements:
- You make voluntary contributions to a qualified retirement plan for 2017.
- You’re at least age 18 by the end of 2017.
- You weren’t a full-time student during any part of five calendar months in 2017.
- Another person can’t claim you as a dependent.
- Your modified adjusted gross income (AGI), based on your filing status, isn’t more than:
- Married filing jointly — $61,500
- Married filing separately — $30,750
- Single — $30,750
- Head of household — $46,125
- Qualifying widow(er) — $30,750
Can you apply for a dependent care credit if you have a disabled spouse? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Does an infant qualify as a dependent for purposes of the child care tax credit? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn more about the different credits that form the investment credit and get tax answers at H&R Block.
Can both divorced parents claim head of household? Explore how custody affects taxes and find possible solutions. Get tax answers from H&R Block.