I have a question about the IRA Tax Credit. Why don't I qualify for the retirement savings contribution credit / Saver's Credit?
To be eligible for the retirement savings contribution credit/Saver’s Credit, you must meet all of these requirements:
- You make voluntary contributions to a qualified retirement plan for 2017.
- You’re at least age 18 by the end of 2017.
- You weren’t a full-time student during any part of five calendar months in 2017.
- Another person can’t claim you as a dependent.
- Your modified adjusted gross income (AGI), based on your filing status, isn’t more than:
- Married filing jointly — $61,500
- Married filing separately — $30,750
- Single — $30,750
- Head of household — $46,125
- Qualifying widow(er) — $30,750
If your business uses gasoline or diesel fuel, you may earn a tax credit. Learn more about excise tax credit for fuel and get tax answers at H&R Block
Do you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit? 20 percent of eligible taxpayers don't claim it. Learn more with the tax experts at H&R Block.
Does an infant qualify as a dependent for purposes of the child care tax credit? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
How many college tax credits can you claim at one time? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.