I have a question about the IRA Tax Credit. Why don’t I qualify for the retirement savings contribution credit / Saver’s Credit?
To be eligible for the retirement savings contribution credit/Saver’s Credit, you must meet all of these requirements:
- You make voluntary contributions to a qualified retirement plan for 2017.
- You’re at least age 18 by the end of 2017.
- You weren’t a full-time student during any part of five calendar months in 2017.
- Another person can’t claim you as a dependent.
- Your modified adjusted gross income (AGI), based on your filing status, isn’t more than:
- Married filing jointly — $61,500
- Married filing separately — $30,750
- Single — $30,750
- Head of household — $46,125
- Qualifying widow(er) — $30,750
Looking for virtual tax help with your online filing? Learn more about your options by comparing TurboTax Live to H&R Block Tax Pro Review and Tax Pro Go.
Learn more about earned income credit eligibility and get tax answers at H&R Block.
Expats are subject to recent changes under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act much like any other taxpayer. Read on to learn more about how to prepare in the Tax Information Center.
Spending your time volunteering is a great way to give back. Learn more about the tax benefits for volunteer work when filing your taxes at H&R Block.