I have a question about the IRA Tax Credit. Why don’t I qualify for the retirement savings contribution credit / Saver’s Credit?
To be eligible for the retirement savings contribution credit/Saver’s Credit, you must meet all of these requirements:
- You make voluntary contributions to a qualified retirement plan for 2020.
- You’re at least age 18 by the end of 2020.
- You weren’t a full-time student during any part of five calendar months in 2020.
- Another person can’t claim you as a dependent.
- Your modified adjusted gross income (AGI), based on your filing status, isn’t more than:
- Married filing jointly — $61,500
- Married filing separately — $30,750
- Single — $30,750
- Head of household — $46,125
- Qualifying widow(er) — $30,750
Expats are subject to the latest tax bill changes much like any other taxpayer. Learn more about the effects of tax reform on Expats with H&R Block.
Working from a home office is the new norm for many due to the coronavirus. Find out if you can deduct home office expenses from the experts at H&R Block.
Learn more about the child care tax credit and the dependent care credit from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Looking for information on the California property tax rate? Learn who needs to pay as well as how and when they pay real property taxes in California.