I have a question about the IRA Tax Credit. Why don’t I qualify for the retirement savings contribution credit / Saver’s Credit?
To be eligible for the retirement savings contribution credit/Saver’s Credit, you must meet all of these requirements:
- You make voluntary contributions to a qualified retirement plan for 2017.
- You’re at least age 18 by the end of 2017.
- You weren’t a full-time student during any part of five calendar months in 2017.
- Another person can’t claim you as a dependent.
- Your modified adjusted gross income (AGI), based on your filing status, isn’t more than:
- Married filing jointly — $61,500
- Married filing separately — $30,750
- Single — $30,750
- Head of household — $46,125
- Qualifying widow(er) — $30,750
Virtual tax preparations let you complete your taxes online from the comfort of your home. Find out how easy remote tax preparations can be at H&R Block.
When it comes to making everyday tax decisions, we find that there's a gap between what's true and what's rumored. Let's explore four common tax myths.
Here are the top tax questions our professionals got this year – with answers for you! How can you use this? Read on to get answers from H&R Block.
Looking for virtual tax help with your online filing? Learn more about your options by comparing TurboTax Live to H&R Block Tax Pro Review and Tax Pro Go.