I have a question about the IRA Tax Credit. Why don't I qualify for the retirement savings contribution credit / Saver's Credit?
To be eligible for the retirement savings contribution credit/Saver’s Credit, you must meet all of these requirements:
- You make voluntary contributions to a qualified retirement plan for 2017.
- You’re at least age 18 by the end of 2017.
- You weren’t a full-time student during any part of five calendar months in 2017.
- Another person can’t claim you as a dependent.
- Your modified adjusted gross income (AGI), based on your filing status, isn’t more than:
- Married filing jointly — $61,500
- Married filing separately — $30,750
- Single — $30,750
- Head of household — $46,125
- Qualifying widow(er) — $30,750
Are Veterans benefits taxable? Our H&R Tax Professionals address your veteran's related tax questions in honor of our soldiers this Veteran's Day.
Learn more about disability tax credit eligibility with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn more about home renovation tax credits and get more back on your taxes with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.
If you're filing tax returns in two different states, how is your Earned Income Credit (EIC) figured? Learn more from the EIC tax experts at H&R Block