I have a question about the IRA Tax Credit. Why don’t I qualify for the retirement savings contribution credit / Saver’s Credit?
To be eligible for the retirement savings contribution credit/Saver’s Credit, you must meet all of these requirements:
- You make voluntary contributions to a qualified retirement plan for 2019.
- You’re at least age 18 by the end of 2019.
- You weren’t a full-time student during any part of five calendar months in 2019.
- Another person can’t claim you as a dependent.
- Your modified adjusted gross income (AGI), based on your filing status, isn’t more than:
Do you need to file a separate tax return for your LLC? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
If you have a family member in prison, tax time may be complicated. Join H&R Block as we answer common questions about filing taxes for someone in prison.
Do you wish you had a tax pro to double check your online tax return? Tax Pro Review is here to do just that. Visit the H&R Block blog for more details.
Discover what items qualify as other itemized deductions with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.