I have a question about the IRA Tax Credit. Why don’t I qualify for the retirement savings contribution credit / Saver’s Credit?
To be eligible for the retirement savings contribution credit/Saver’s Credit, you must meet all of these requirements:
- You make voluntary contributions to a qualified retirement plan for 2018.
- You’re at least age 18 by the end of 2018.
- You weren’t a full-time student during any part of five calendar months in 2018.
- Another person can’t claim you as a dependent.
- Your modified adjusted gross income (AGI), based on your filing status, isn’t more than:
Learn if you can you deduct your homeowners insurance premium from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Your life may get a little easier when you apply for TSA PreCheck enrollment. Find out what TSA PreCheck and taxes have in common at H&R Block.
If you have Marketplace health insurance, you need to report qualifying life events or risk affecting your coverage and tax credits. Learn more at H&R Block.
The Saver’s Credit is a special tax break for some taxpayers saving for retirement. Learn more about the Retirement Savings Contribution Credit at H&R Block