I have a question about the IRA Tax Credit. Why don’t I qualify for the retirement savings contribution credit / Saver’s Credit?
To be eligible for the retirement savings contribution credit/Saver’s Credit, you must meet all of these requirements:
- You make voluntary contributions to a qualified retirement plan for 2022.
- You’re at least age 18 by the end of 2022.
- You weren’t a full-time student during any part of five calendar months in 2022.
- Another person can’t claim you as a dependent.
- Your modified adjusted gross income (AGI), based on your filing status, isn’t more than:
- Married filing jointly — $61,500
- Married filing separately — $30,750
- Single — $30,750
- Head of household — $46,125
- Qualifying widow(er) — $30,750
Filing for a Deceased Taxpayer
If you need help handling an estate, we're here to help. Learn how to file taxes for a deceased loved one with H&R Block.
Don’t overlook the 5 most common tax deductions
From retirement account contributions to self-employment expenses, learn more about the five most common tax deductions with the experts at H&R Block.
New baby or house? How major life changes affect your taxes
Getting married? Having a baby? Buying a house? Go through your life events checklist and see how each can affect your tax return with the experts at H&R Block.
Spring Cleaning: Your Household Goods, Your Tax Deductions
Donating household goods to your favorite charity? Learn the ins and outs of deducting noncash charitable contributions on your taxes with the experts at H&R Block.