I have a question about the IRA Tax Credit. Why don’t I qualify for the retirement savings contribution credit / Saver’s Credit?
To be eligible for the retirement savings contribution credit/Saver’s Credit, you must meet all of these requirements:
- You make voluntary contributions to a qualified retirement plan for 2021.
- You’re at least age 18 by the end of 2021.
- You weren’t a full-time student during any part of five calendar months in 2021.
- Another person can’t claim you as a dependent.
- Your modified adjusted gross income (AGI), based on your filing status, isn’t more than:
- Married filing jointly — $61,500
- Married filing separately — $30,750
- Single — $30,750
- Head of household — $46,125
- Qualifying widow(er) — $30,750
Can you claim your adult child on your taxes if they receive food stamps? Learn more about your options. Get more tax answers at H&R Block.
Comparing TurboTax Live Full Service and H&R Block Virtual? See how H&R Block offers expertise and full-service tax experience with H&R Block Virtual.
Do you add state and local taxes together when claiming itemized deductions? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Can you file for a childcare tax deduction without your care center's EIN? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.