I have a question about the IRA Tax Credit. Why don’t I qualify for the retirement savings contribution credit / Saver’s Credit?
To be eligible for the retirement savings contribution credit/Saver’s Credit, you must meet all of these requirements:
- You make voluntary contributions to a qualified retirement plan for 2019.
- You’re at least age 18 by the end of 2019.
- You weren’t a full-time student during any part of five calendar months in 2019.
- Another person can’t claim you as a dependent.
- Your modified adjusted gross income (AGI), based on your filing status, isn’t more than:
Learn more about which items on the HUD-1 form you can claim as tax deductions with advice from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn more about used car tax deductions with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Do you earn an income in Connecticut (CT)? Get your CT state tax questions answered with the help of experts from H&R Block.
You and your ex-spouse split the children's expenses and support for six months. Who can claim them? Get Tax Answers From H&R Block.