Arizona Tax Brackets


Arizona individual income tax rates vary depending upon marital status, location, and income.

How is this different than other states? Believe it or not, 32 states and the District of Columbia, have a progressive tax structure, which means there are various tax rates. Arizona is one of those states, where tax rates in Arizona, based on income and filing status.

General Income Tax Bracket Information

Arizona income tax rates tend to be lower than federal tax rates. They range between 0% and 12%.

What Are The Arizona State Income Tax Brackets?

Income earned in Arizona is taxed in brackets at different rates. Those rates vary from low to high based on the amount of income you earn.

Arizona is considered to be a tax-advantaged state, meaning the Arizona tax rates are lower than many other states in the U.S.

The Arizona tax brackets, based in filing status (of Single and Married), are as follows:

Single Rate Married Rate
$0 – $26,500 2.59% $0 – $53,000 2.59%
$26,501 – $53,000 3.34% $53,001 – $106,000 3.34%
$53,001 – $159,000 4.17% $106,001 – $318,000 4.17%
$159,001 and over 4.50% $318,001 and over 4.50%


(Source: Arizona Department of Revenue)

More Help With Taxes in Arizona

Understanding your tax obligation can be time consuming. What’s even more time-intensive is how to deduct Arizona tax from your federal taxes as an itemized deduction, using the SALT deduction.

So, get help! Use Tax Pro Go, virtual tax prep offered by H&R Block. With this service, we’ll match you with a tax pro with Arizona tax expertise. Then, you will upload your tax documents, and our tax pros will do the rest! We can even help not only with Arizona tax laws, but also the federal deduction for paying state taxes.

Taking in every Arizona tax consideration, we can make sure you are supported when it comes to taxes.

Looking for more general support? Check out our online tax filing options.

Related Topics

Related Resources

Credit for Prior-Year Minimum Tax – Form 8801

Learn about IRS Form 8801 with help from H&R Block. Our tax pros explain how the credit for prior-year minimum tax may affect you.

Research Credit – Form 6765 | H&R Block

The Research Credit, or IRS Form 6765, is an income tax credit for business that invest in research and development. Learn more with H&R Block.

Minimum Charitable Contribution Deduction

What is the minimum charitable contribution that is eligible for a tax deduction? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.

Can A Non-Citizen Claim the Standard Deduction?

Learn whether a noncitizen can claim the standard deduction tax credit with advice from the tax experts at H&R Block.