Pennsylvania (PA) State Refund


After filing your Pennsylvania (PA) tax return, you probably want to know when you will get your PA state refund. Well, you’ve come to the right place. Here we’ll cover the details of checking on and receiving your PA tax refund.

How Do You Check Your PA Tax Refund Status? state tax refund

Checking on a tax refund is simple for Pennsylvania taxpayers. Just visit the Where’s My PA Personal Income Tax Refund? web page.

What Do You Need to Check On Your PA State Tax Refund? 

To check your PA state tax refund status, you need to enter your:

  • Social Security Number, and
  • Expected tax refund amount

When Can You Start Checking for your PA Refund Status?

For paper filed returns, wait eight to 10 weeks for your return to allow for your return to post to the system before checking your PA refund status. E-filed returns usually post to the system in one to three days. In either situation, after your return is posted and the PA overpayment is processed, a PA refund could take an additional four to six weeks for a check to be mailed or direct deposited.

How Do You Check Your Federal Tax Refund Status?

You can check the status of your federal return using H&R Block’s “Where’s My Refund?” tool. Knowing when to expect your refund after e-filing or paper filing your return gives you confidence and the ability to plan ahead for personal expenses. Whether you filed online or in person, H&R Block can answer your questions and track your income tax refund status as it changes.

Need Hands-On Guidance With Checking Your PA Refund?

If you want extra guidance tracking your PA refund or helping you file your state return, enlist the help of a tax pro using Tax Pro Go – all from the comfort of your home. To visit an office, find a H&R Block tax office closest to you.

Related Topics

Related Resources

Do Children Have To Pay Taxes?

Do children have to pay taxes on income and earned wages? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.

American Opportunity Tax Credit Eligibility

Learn more about eligibility for the American Opportunity Tax Credit with advice from the tax experts at H&R Block.

Is There A New Baby Tax Credit?

If you have a new baby, are you eligible for a tax credit? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.

New Baby, New House or New Spouse? How Major Life Changes Affect Your Taxes

Getting married? Having a baby? Buying a house? Go through your life events checklist and see how each can affect your tax return with the experts at H&R Block.