Pennsylvania Tax Rate


While federal tax rates apply to every taxpayer (based on your filing status), state income taxes vary by state. Some states have a flat tax rate, marginal tax rate, or don’t have any state taxes at all.

Pennsylvania (PA) levies tax on your income each year. State income taxes are a percentage of money that you pay to the state government based on the income you earn while working or living in the state. Read on to learn more about the Pennsylvania tax rate.

What Are the PA Tax Brackets? tax brackets

In PA, tax rates are flat, thus there are no PA tax brackets to report.

The individual income tax rate is 3.07%. View more information on PA tax rates.

This applies to individuals, estates, trusts, partnerships, S corporations, business trusts and limited liability companies not federally taxed as corporations.

When Are PA State Taxes Due?

As a PA resident, your state tax return is due the same day as your federal tax return. This tax deadline fluctuates each year but typically falls on April 15 each year.

Need Help With PA State Taxes?

While understanding your PA state tax rates may be straightforward with it being a flat tax state, there is more to it. Like figuring out your state tax deductions (SALT) on federal returns to save on your overall tax bill.

Get help with H&R Block Virtual! With this service, we’ll match you with a tax pro with Pennsylvania tax expertise. Then, you will upload your tax documents, and our tax pros will do the rest! We can help with your PA taxes, including federal deductions for paying state taxes.

Prefer a different way to file? No problem – you can find Pennsylvania state tax expertise with all of our ways to file taxes.

Related Topics

Related Resources

Texas Tax Forms

Find out which Texas income tax forms you should be aware of when filing your taxes this year with the help of H&R Block.

The Complete Guide to Deducting Business Travel Expenses

There are more complex deductions when it comes to business travel. Learn more with this in-depth guide to deducting business travel expenses from H&R Block.

A Couples Guide to Filing Taxes when Married

Learn more about being married and filing taxes jointly with your spouse with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.

Dependent Adult Child on Government Assistance

Can you claim your adult child on your taxes if they receive food stamps? Learn more about your options. Get more tax answers at H&R Block.