Where’s my refund – Georgia?
To check the status of your Georgia state refund online, go to https://dor.georgia.gov/wheres-my-refund. Then, click on the “Where’s My Refund?” button.
After that, you will be prompted to enter:
- Your Social security number or ITIN
- Expected refund amount
- Tax year
Click “Next” to view your refund status.
You may also call for refund status: 877-423-6711 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. (M-F).
The Georgia Department of Revenue strives to protect Georgia taxpayers from tax fraud. It may take up to 90 days from the date of receipt by GADOR to process a return and issue a refund.
Please note, first-time taxpayers who did not file a Georgia return in five years will receive a paper check.
What can cause a delay in my Georgia refund?
A number of things could cause a delay in your Georgia refund, including:
- Paper filed returns.
- If the department needs to verify information reported on your return or request additional information, the process will take longer.
- Math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- You used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Your return was missing information or incomplete.
- Additional steps to protect you from fraud. The GADOR states that it may take up to 90 business days from the date of receipt to process a return and issue a refund.
Need more Georgia refund and tax information?
Looking for more Georgia refund information? Navigate to the following websites:
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
If you need help handling an estate, we're here to help. Learn how to file taxes for a deceased loved one with H&R Block.
Choosing the wrong filing status is a common mistake. Do you know what your tax filing status is? Read on to learn about filing statuses with H&R Block.
From retirement account contributions to self-employment expenses, learn more about the five most common tax deductions with the experts at H&R Block.
Getting married? Having a baby? Buying a house? Go through your life events checklist and see how each can affect your tax return with the experts at H&R Block.