Where’s my refund – Georgia?
To check the status of your Georgia state refund online, go to https://dor.georgia.gov/wheres-my-refund. Then, click on the “Where’s My Refund?” button.
After that, you will be prompted to enter:
- Your Social security number or ITIN
- Expected refund amount
- Tax year
Click “Next” to view your refund status.
You may also call for refund status: 877-423-6711 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. (M-F).
Please note, first-time taxpayers who did not file a Georgia return in five years will receive a paper check.
What can cause a delay in my Georgia refund?
A number of things could cause a delay in your Georgia refund, including:
- Paper filed returns.
- If the department needs to verify information reported on your return or request additional information, the process will take longer.
- Math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- You used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Your return was missing information or incomplete.
- Additional steps to protect you from fraud. The GADOR states that it may take up to 90 business days from the date of receipt to process a return and issue a refund.
Need more Georgia refund and tax information?
Looking for more Georgia refund information? Navigate to the following websites:
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Make it your New Year's resolution to file a quick tax return online. Learn how to be the most prepared once e-file opens with H&R Block.
Wondering if you need to pay state of Michigan taxes? Read here to learn who pays and how to pay, with guidance from the tax pros at H&R Block.
Can adult siblings be claimed on your tax returns? Learn more about claiming dependents. Get tax answers at H&R Block.
How can marriage lead to changes in tax filing and returns? Learn about nine marriage tax changes that occur once you get getting married in this post.