Tax-Problem Index: Business Tax Issues

Here are the most common types of tax problems businesses experience, and what to do about them:

IRS Business Tax Audits

To take the fear out of audits, you need to understand how they really work. Learn how to handle an IRS audit.

IRS Business Tax Penalties

If your business was assessed a tax penalty, it may qualify for penalty abatement. Discover why the penalty was assessed and learn about your options to remove it.

IRS Business Tax Bills

If you file your business return and can’t pay your taxes, you have options. Learn which one is best for you.

IRS Business Tax Return and Account Problems

Payment posting issues, return inquiries and other account issues can eat up valuable time you could be spending maintaining and growing your business. Get information about a notice you received and what to do about it.

Business Back Tax Returns

Unfiled returns can mean stiff consequences. Learn how to get back in good standing with the IRS.

Not Sure What Your Tax Problem Is?

Sometimes, it’s hard to tell what the root problem is. And the last IRS notice you got may not give you the full picture of what’s going on. Learn what to do next.

How to Research Your IRS Account

Your business’s IRS account information isn’t readily available or easy to read. Find out how to access tax transcripts, or get expert help working with the IRS.


Related Topics

Related Resources

IRS Notice CP14 – Balance Due

Confused about your CP14 notice from the IRS? Learn more about this notice and what steps you should take. Get tax answers at H&R Block.

IRS Notice CP05 – Your Refund is Being Held While The IRS Reviews Your Tax Return

Learn more about notice CP05, why you received it, and how to handle an IRS CP05 notice with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.

The CP14 IRS Notices Are Here… What If You Have A Balance Due?

If you filed a tax return and owed taxes, but didn’t pay them, you probably have received your first notice from the IRS: the CP14, Balance Due.

IRS Letter 672C – Payments Located and/or Applied

Receive an IRS 672C letter? Learn more about Letter 672C and how to handle it with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.