I need to file LLC extension — How should I file extension for my partnership LLC?


To file for an LLC extension, file Form 7004: Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File Certain Business Income Tax Information, and Other Returns.

When you request partnership extension, your LLC will get an automatic five-month extension to file Form 1065. For a partnership, Form 1065 is submitted instead of Form 1120S. Form 4868 is filed by individuals who need to request extension and for single-member LLCs.


Related Topics

Related Resources

How to Handle Business Tax Return and Account Problems

Learn what to do if the IRS asks for more information to process your business tax return or sends a notice about changes to your business return.

What is a 1098-E Form? – Student Loan Interest Statement

1098-E Form (student loan interest statement) is a tax form used to report student loan interest. Learn more about this tax form with the help of H&R Block.

Can You File Taxes With Your Last Pay Stub?

Find out why you should wait for your W-2 instead of filing taxes with a pay stub. H&R Block explains why you can’t file without a W-2.

Six Ways Lying On Your Tax Return Can Get You Into Trouble With the IRS

Learn about the consequences you can face if you lie on your tax return. Get the facts from the tax experts at H&R Block.