I need to request extension to file my state return — Specifically, I need to file Georgia tax extension. How do I file for a Georgia extension?


If you filed for a federal extension, you’ll get an automatic six-month extension to file your Georgia return. Then, when you file your Georgia return, attach either of these to your state return:

  • Copy of your federal extension Form 4868
  • IRS confirmation letter that you did file extension

However, if you need to pay Georgia tax, you must complete Form IT-560 and send it and your payment by April 17, 2018, to:

Georgia Department of Revenue Processing Center

P.O. Box 105198

Atlanta, GA 30348-5198

If you don’t file for a federal extension, use Georgia Form 303 to request your state extension. Send Form 303 by April 17, 2018, to:

Georgia Department of Revenue Processing Center

P.O. Box 740320

Atlanta, GA 30374-0320

Attach a copy of Form IT-303 to your return.


Related Topics

Related Resources

IRS Extension – Form 4868

Do you need a filing extension from the IRS? Learn how to file Form 4868 and get tax answers from H&R Block.

I can’t pay estimated taxes by the estimated taxes deadline of Jan. 15. Is it possible to postpone or extend the deadlin

Not sure if you can pay your estimated taxes by the deadline? Learn about your options today. Get tax answers from H&R Block.

Tax Deadlines

Find the 2017 tax calendar and get tax answers at H&R Block.

I have a question about tax extension payments. When I request extension of tax payments, what should I count as my tax

When filing for a tax extension, what counts as tax extension payments? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.