What is form 1040-v?
Form 1040-V is a payment voucher used with Forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ. If you have a balance due, send a 1040-V with your payment to speed processing.
Don’t send cash for payments to the IRS. If you’re paying by check:
- Make the check payable to the “U.S. Treasury.”
- Make sure your name and address are on the check.
- In the check’s memo section, write these:
- Form number you’re filing. Ex: “2018 Form 1040”
- Your daytime phone number
- Your Social Security number (SSN). If you’re filing married filing jointly, write the first SSN shown on the return.
- When writing the payment amount on the right side of the check, write the number like this: $XXX.XX. Don’t use a dash or slash.
Get the facts from H&R Block about wage garnishments, which require your employer to withhold some of your wages and send the funds to the IRS.
Your home is your number one investment. Consider these six equity-building options to invest your tax refund in 2018.
Do you want to appoint a third party designee on your tax return? Learn how to include an IRS third party designee with the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn more about student loan tax refund garnishment from the tax experts at H&R Block.