What is form 1040-v?
Form 1040-V is a payment voucher used with Forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ. If you have a balance due, send a 1040-V with your payment to speed processing.
Don’t send cash for payments to the IRS. If you’re paying by check:
- Make the check payable to the “U.S. Treasury.”
- Make sure your name and address are on the check.
- In the check’s memo section, write these:
- Form number you’re filing. Ex: “2018 Form 1040”
- Your daytime phone number
- Your Social Security number (SSN). If you’re filing married filing jointly, write the first SSN shown on the return.
- When writing the payment amount on the right side of the check, write the number like this: $XXX.XX. Don’t use a dash or slash.
Worried about IRS interest? See if you might qualify to have your interest reduced or removed. Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Receive an IRS 2645C letter? Learn more about letter 2645C, why you received it, and how to handle it with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Do you owe an IRS balance? Find out how to get your total balance and get payment information from the tax experts at H&R Block.
The IRS has accepted your tax return, but you were charged a penalty. Learn how to address IRS letter 2769 from the tax experts at H&R Block.