What is form 1040-v?
Form 1040-V is a payment voucher used with Forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ. If you have a balance due, send a 1040-V with your payment to speed processing.
Don’t send cash for payments to the IRS. If you’re paying by check:
- Make the check payable to the “U.S. Treasury.”
- Make sure your name and address are on the check.
- In the check’s memo section, write these:
- Form number you’re filing. Ex: “2018 Form 1040”
- Your daytime phone number
- Your Social Security number (SSN). If you’re filing married filing jointly, write the first SSN shown on the return.
- When writing the payment amount on the right side of the check, write the number like this: $XXX.XX. Don’t use a dash or slash.
How long penalty abatement takes depends on the type of penalty relief you’re requesting. Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
If you’ve received unemployment compensation or a state tax refund, you’ll receive Form 1099-G. Learn more about Form 1099-G and how it affects your taxes.
The discrepancy between your name and your Taxpayer Identification Number has been corrected. Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Donating a qualified vehicle to a charity? Learn how Form 1098-C is used to report the details of your donation and how it affects your deduction.