What Should I Do If My Return Is Rejected?
If you’re filing your return with H&R Block Online and having problems with e-file, we can help you with what to do if your e-file is rejected. In most cases, you can fix the issues using the steps below and then e-file your return again.
- Choose Overview on the top navigation bar.
- Choose from two options: Next Steps or Check Status.
- Follow the steps until you reach the Review the Rejection Messages screen. If you don’t see this screen, you’ll need to print and mail your return.
Continuing to Have E-File Problems When Filing With H&R Block Online? Print Your Return Instead
To print and mail your return:
- Keep choosing Next and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Review the rejection messages for the error.
- Choose the Fix Errors button to go to the section with issues.
- Fix each issue and choose Continue to File.
- Follow the steps to file your return again.
If you follow the steps and your e-file is rejected again, you should pay the tax you owe by check.
Find out what you should do if your H&R Block Online account is locked and you need to recover your password information.
Did you e-file on the same day that your return was due? The tax experts at H&R Block will help you figure out when you need to mail in your tax payment.
Find out how you can obtain previous tax returns from any of the last six years with H&R Block Online. Review these details to get started.
Claiming charitable deductions is easy with H&R Block’s DeductionPro tool. Learn how you can calculate the total of all donated goods for your taxes.