What Should I Do If My Return Is Rejected?
If you’re filing your return with H&R Block Online and having problems with e-file, we can help you with what to do if your e-file is rejected. In most cases, you can fix the issues using the steps below and then e-file your return again.
- Choose Overview on the top navigation bar.
- Choose from two options: Next Steps or Check Status.
- Follow the steps until you reach the Review the Rejection Messages screen. If you don’t see this screen, you’ll need to print and mail your return.
Continuing to Have E-File Problems When Filing With H&R Block Online? Print Your Return Instead
To print and mail your return:
- Keep choosing Next and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Review the rejection messages for the error.
- Choose the Fix Errors button to go to the section with issues.
- Fix each issue and choose Continue to File.
- Follow the steps to file your return again.
If you follow the steps and your e-file is rejected again, you should pay the tax you owe by check.
Find out if you can change the authorized debit amount to pay your taxes after you’ve already e-filed your extension with the help of H&R Block.