What Should I Do If My Return Is Rejected?
If you’re filing your return with H&R Block Online and having problems with e-file, we can help you with what to do if your e-file is rejected. In most cases, you can fix the issues using the steps below and then e-file your return again.
- Choose Overview on the top navigation bar.
- Choose from two options: Next Steps or Check Status.
- Follow the steps until you reach the Review the Rejection Messages screen. If you don’t see this screen, you’ll need to print and mail your return.
Continuing to Have E-File Problems When Filing With H&R Block Online? Print Your Return Instead
To print and mail your return:
- Keep choosing Next and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Review the rejection messages for the error.
- Choose the Fix Errors button to go to the section with issues.
- Fix each issue and choose Continue to File.
- Follow the steps to file your return again.
If you follow the steps and your e-file is rejected again, you should pay the tax you owe by check.
Are you looking to file for an extension through the Free File Alliance Program? If so, learn more from the experts at H&R Block.
Experiencing trouble with your state employer ID, or your EIN is invalid? Learn what you can do from the experts at H&R Block.
Learn more about why imports can fail with help from H&R Block. This can happen for a variety of reasons, from technical malfunctions to errors in the filing process.
Wondering if you can file your prior-year returns online? Find out your options for filing back taxes online with H&R Block.