What Should I Do If My Return Is Rejected?
If you’re filing your return with H&R Block Online and having problems with e-file, we can help you with what to do if your e-file is rejected. In most cases, you can fix the issues using the steps below and then e-file your return again.
- Choose Overview on the top navigation bar.
- Choose from two options: Next Steps or Check Status.
- Follow the steps until you reach the Review the Rejection Messages screen. If you don’t see this screen, you’ll need to print and mail your return.
Continuing to Have E-File Problems When Filing With H&R Block Online? Print Your Return Instead
To print and mail your return:
- Keep choosing Next and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Review the rejection messages for the error.
- Choose the Fix Errors button to go to the section with issues.
- Fix each issue and choose Continue to File.
- Follow the steps to file your return again.
If you follow the steps and your e-file is rejected again, you should pay the tax you owe by check.
Find out which forms are available with H&R Block Online. As you fill out your online tax return we can help you locate those forms.
Are you finding that your CAPTCHA code is not working when you try to file online? Find ways to troubleshoot with H&R Block.
Find out how you can connect to an H&R Block representative through online chat. Follow these steps from the team at H&R Block.
Learn more about why imports can fail with help from H&R Block. This can happen for a variety of reasons, from technical malfunctions to errors in the filing process.