What Should I Do If My Return Is Rejected?
If you’re filing your return with H&R Block Online and having problems with e-file, we can help you with what to do if your e-file is rejected. In most cases, you can fix the issues using the steps below and then e-file your return again.
- Choose Overview on the top navigation bar.
- Choose from two options: Next Steps or Check Status.
- Follow the steps until you reach the Review the Rejection Messages screen. If you don’t see this screen, you’ll need to print and mail your return.
Continuing to Have E-File Problems When Filing With H&R Block Online? Print Your Return Instead
To print and mail your return:
- Keep choosing Next and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Review the rejection messages for the error.
- Choose the Fix Errors button to go to the section with issues.
- Fix each issue and choose Continue to File.
- Follow the steps to file your return again.
If you follow the steps and your e-file is rejected again, you should pay the tax you owe by check.
Find out what kinds of tax payment options you have when it comes to paying your online tax preparation charges with H&R Block.
Figure out the steps to unfreeze your computer screen with help from H&R Block. We explain how to reload the page and resolve the issue.
Are you trying to print and mail your state return with our online product? Learn more about how to file state taxes by mail with H&R Block.
If you’re using an H&R Block Online product, you might be wondering, “How do I amend a previous year’s tax return?” We help you understand your options.