What Should I Do If My Return Is Rejected?
If you’re filing your return with H&R Block Online and having problems with e-file, we can help you with what to do if your e-file is rejected. In most cases, you can fix the issues using the steps below and then e-file your return again.
- Choose Overview on the top navigation bar.
- Choose from two options: Next Steps or Check Status.
- Follow the steps until you reach the Review the Rejection Messages screen. If you don’t see this screen, you’ll need to print and mail your return.
Continuing to Have E-File Problems When Filing With H&R Block Online? Print Your Return Instead
To print and mail your return:
- Keep choosing Next and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Review the rejection messages for the error.
- Choose the Fix Errors button to go to the section with issues.
- Fix each issue and choose Continue to File.
- Follow the steps to file your return again.
If you follow the steps and your e-file is rejected again, you should pay the tax you owe by check.
Find out when you can’t e-file your tax return. H&R Block’s experts can help you determine what to do if you can’t.
If you’re preparing your return with H&R Block Online and need to start over, learn the best way to proceed with our experts.
If you sign into your account on an unknown device or browser, you’ll need a H&R Block security code to gain access. We explain how to find this security code.
Are you looking to file H&R Block Online taxes free? Make sure you’re using the right version with this valuable information from H&R Block.