What Do I Need to File Taxes With H&R Block Online?
As a part of the process for filing your taxes, the program will ask you questions and use your answers to complete the appropriate forms. To make answering the questions easier, gather your financial info and any tax documents sent to you, and keep them handy.
Depending on your tax situation, here’s what you might need to file taxes with H&R Block Online:
- W-2 – A form you receive from your employer showing your wages and deductions
- Form 1098 – There are multiple versions of this form. It can report mortgage interest, certain charitable donations, tuitionexpense, and student loan interest.
- Form 1099 – There are multiple versions of this form. It can report income from self-employment earnings, interest and dividends, government payments, and more.
- Last year’s federal return
- Bank statements
- Mortgage statements
- Unreimbursed work-related expenses
The program also has a feature that lets you import online what you need to file your taxes. Aside from basic info, the program also imports employer information from your W-2, interest income from your Schedule B, rental income from your Schedule E, deductions and credits, and more.
Find out if you can choose a Tax Pro from your local H&R Block office when you use Tax Pro Review. Review details from the experts at H&R Block.
Not sure how to format the date in the H&R Block Online Program? Let the professionals at H&R Block outline the correct format.
Worried about how long it’ll take to file your taxes online? Here’s what to expect when completing your return with H&R Block Online.
Find out which forms are available with H&R Block Online. As you fill out your online tax return we can help you locate those forms.