What Do I Need to File Taxes With H&R Block Online?
As a part of the process for filing your taxes, the program will ask you questions and use your answers to complete the appropriate forms. To make answering the questions easier, gather your financial info and any tax documents sent to you, and keep them handy.
Depending on your tax situation, here’s what you might need to file taxes with H&R Block Online:
- W-2 – A form you receive from your employer showing your wages and deductions
- Form 1098 – There are multiple versions of this form. It can report mortgage interest, certain charitable donations, tuitionexpense, and student loan interest.
- Form 1099 – There are multiple versions of this form. It can report income from self-employment earnings, interest and dividends, government payments, and more.
- Last year’s federal return
- Bank statements
- Mortgage statements
- Unreimbursed work-related expenses
The program also has a feature that lets you import online what you need to file your taxes. Aside from basic info, the program also imports employer information from your W-2, interest income from your Schedule B, rental income from your Schedule E, deductions and credits, and more.
Find out if you can file multiple federal and state returns when you use H&R Block Deluxe. Review details from the experts at H&R Block.
Find out what to do if your e-file return was rejected by the IRS. H&R Block will help you correct your errors or file an extension.
If you’re using an H&R Block Online product, you might be wondering, “How do I amend a previous year’s tax return?” We help you understand your options.
Having issues navigating H&R Block’s online product? You might need to clear your temporary internet files. Learn more about clearing your internet cache.