What Do I Need to File Taxes With H&R Block Online?
As a part of the process for filing your taxes, the program will ask you questions and use your answers to complete the appropriate forms. To make answering the questions easier, gather your financial info and any tax documents sent to you, and keep them handy.
Depending on your tax situation, here’s what you might need to file taxes with H&R Block Online:
- W-2 – A form you receive from your employer showing your wages and deductions
- Form 1098 – There are multiple versions of this form. It can report mortgage interest, certain charitable donations, tuitionexpense, and student loan interest.
- Form 1099 – There are multiple versions of this form. It can report income from self-employment earnings, interest and dividends, government payments, and more.
- Last year’s federal return
- Bank statements
- Mortgage statements
- Unreimbursed work-related expenses
The program also has a feature that lets you import online what you need to file your taxes. Aside from basic info, the program also imports employer information from your W-2, interest income from your Schedule B, rental income from your Schedule E, deductions and credits, and more.
H&R Block’s Tax Pro Review provides an easy way to share tax documents with your assigned Tax Pro – eliminating the need for mail. Learn more about the process.
Find out if you need to file an amended state return if you filed an amended federal tax return. Get the answers you need at H&R Block.
Can you amend your state tax return online? Learn more about amending your state tax return with this information from the experts at H&R Block.
Learn how you can receive remote tax help with your return when filing with H&R Block Online. We explain why you can’t call your local office for assistance.