Where Can I Find the H&R Block Security Code to Sign in?
When you sign into your online account on a device or browser that the system doesn’t recognize, we send you an H&R Block security code to verify your identity. The system might not recognize your device or browser when you switch devices if either of these applies:
- You didn’t check Remember My Computer during your last successful login.
- You’ve cleared your browser’s cache since your last login.
Remember to keep your email and phone number updated in your account so you don’t lose access to your accounts. To update this, choose Account Settings in the left-hand menu.
What Should You Do If You Don’t Receive Your H&R Block Security Code?
If you haven’t received the H&R Block security code:
- Verify that the information shown matches an account/device you can access. For your security, we don’t show the full email address or phone number associated with your account.
- Check your spam or junk folder.
- Confirm you’re receiving other emails and/or text communication.
- Choose Resend my security code and we’ll send it to you again. If you still don’t receive it, we’ll redirect you to an alternate method of access.
If you plan to e-file your state tax return, you may be wondering, “How do I display my state signature document?” We provide the instructions for that here.
Wondering about the difference between H&R Block Free Edition and the IRS Free File Alliance? H&R Block has information on these free tax programs.
Wondering how to correct a mistake on your tax return? H&R Block has the answers. Learn what actions to take if you’ve made an error on your return.
Do you have an Emerald Card? If so, you can receive your tax refund as an H&R Block Emerald Card direct deposit. Learn more here from H&R Block.