Where Do I Enter My IP PIN in H&R Block Software?
The IRS might issue you an identity protection PIN (IP PIN) to use for filing your federal return if you were a victim of identity theft or fraud. This helps to ensure that someone else can’t file a return using your personal information. If you’re using H&R Block software, your IP PIN should be entered into the software during the process of filing your return.
To enter your IP PIN into H&R Block:
- Open your return in the H&R Block Tax Software.
- Click Federal on the top navigation bar.
- Click Misc.
- Click Go To next to Miscellaneous Home.
- Check the box next to I received an Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) from the IRS.
- Click Next.
- Enter your and / or your spouse’s six-digit IP PIN.
Once you’re done with these steps, you’ll be finished entering your IP PIN into your H&R Block software. From there, you can continue with your taxes as normal.
If You Don’t Know Your IP PIN for H&R Block Software
If you lost or don’t know your IP PIN, go to the IRS Retrieve Your Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) webpage. Once you’ve learned your number from there, you’ll be able to use H&R Block to enter your IP PIN using the steps above.
We are no longer offering H&R Block tax software CDs, but there are other ways to download our software. Learn more about your tax filing options.