How Do I Print My Prior-Year Tax Return From H&R Block Software?
You can print a prior-year tax return in the H&R Block Tax Software from a saved PDF or within the prior-year H&R Block software program.
To print from a saved PDF copy, just search your computer for the PDF copy of the return. From there, you can print your return just like any other PDF.
To print from the software, you must first install the H&R Block Tax Software that you used to create the prior-year return in order to print old tax returns. Prior-year software is available on www.hrblock.com.
Once you’ve installed the software, here’s how to get old tax returns from H&R Block:
- Open the prior-year H&R Block Tax Software that corresponds to the year of the return you want to print.
- On the My Taxes screen, click Open Return beside the return you want to print.
- Click Print on the toolbar in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- In the Return list box, choose the return (federal or state name). Then choose one of these:
- Official return — Prints all official forms in your return and the instructions for filing them.
- Official return plus worksheets — Prints a copy of all official forms in your return and data entry forms and worksheets.
- Selected forms / materials — Prints only the forms you choose.
- In the list, choose the forms you want to print. We’ll show you the estimated number of pages that will print.
You can choose to print:
- My Forms — To see all forms and worksheets in your return with data
- All Forms — To see all forms and worksheets, including those without data
You can also print the mini-worksheets and itemized lists for a form. Just choose Include mini-worksheets and itemized lists. You can’t print mini-worksheets or itemized lists by themselves or submit them to the IRS or state.
Print Old Tax Returns Without a PDF
If you don’t have a PDF copy to print your prior-year return from, or you no longer have the H&R Block software data file for your return, you can:
- Get a free transcript from the IRS.
- Order a complete copy of your return from the IRS for $50.
Was this topic helpful?