If you have purchased the Peace of Mind® Extended Service Plan and you believe that H&R Block has made an error in the preparation of your return, please contact an office near you within 60 days from the date of the initial notice.

After you submit your claim form, H&R Block will review your claim and notify you whether your claim is eligible for reimbursement. Please note that if you are a H&R Block At Home™ online client, your claim is governed by H&R Block's Online Product License and Services Agreement which is presented to you at the time you register for H&R Block At Home online tax products.


  • Q. What happens next?

    A. A local H&R Block office will make a copy of your return and all related documentation and send the file to the Peace of Mind® Claims Administration Department.

    The claim will be reviewed and processed. If the claim is approved, you will receive an approval letter and a check from H&R Block's corporate offices.

    If the claim is not approved, you will receive a letter explaining the reason for the denial.
  • Q. How long will it take?

    A. Once all required documentation and information have been provided, your claim will be resolved within 4 to 6 weeks.
  • Q. What are the tax implications of receiving a Peace of Mind payment?

    A. Federal Law states that if your tax liability is paid by someone else, the amount of that payment becomes taxable income to you. You will need to include your Peace of Mind payment on your tax return next year. If the Peace of Mind® payment is $600 or more, you will receive form 1099-MISC from H&R Block next year. H&R Block is not responsible for the payment of any taxes you may owe on such income.
  • Q. What about penalty and interest payments?

    A. Payment of any penalty and interest assessed on the additional tax due will be processed separately under the conditions of The H&R Block Guarantee.
  • Q. Who do I contact if I have more questions?

    A. You should contact the H&R Block office where your claim was originally filed. You may also speak to a client service representative by calling 1-800-HRBLOCK.
  • Q. What if my claim is denied?

    A. You may dispute the denial by calling 1-800-hrblock to request a review of the determination. A Client Service Representative should reach back out to you within 3 - 5 business days to discuss your claim.