Mac Operating System (2022 Federal Update)
Download and install updates yourself.
To update H&R Block software, just follow these easy steps:
- Select which version of the H&R Block Federal software you’re using in the dropdown menu above; then click Download update.
Note: Be sure to select the correct version, otherwise the software will not update properly. To determine which version of H&R Block Federal Software you have, follow these steps:
- Open the software
- From the H&R Block menu, select About H&R Block
- The software version is displayed below the H&R Block icon
- If prompted by your web browser, select to continue downloading the file. When the file finishes downloading, look for it in your browser’s default download location. The file will be named in a format similar to H&R Block 2022 Updater - Premium.dmg, depending on your product version.
- Close H&R Block Federal Software, if it’s open.
- Locate the downloaded .dmg file (disk image) and double-click to open it. The disk image should mount on your desktop and automatically open a Finder window containing the “H&R Block 2022 Updater” file.
- Double-click the “HR Block 2022 Updater” file and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- Once the update is complete, you can safely eject the mounted disk image by dragging it to the trash.