Download and Install Updates Yourself – Mac Operating System (2017 Federal Update)
Updates are currently unavailable for Tax Year 2017 products.
Please check back in mid-January. For Tax Year 2016 and older products, see Prior Year Software Updates.
To Update H&R Block Software, Just Follow These Easy Steps:
- Tell us which version of the H&R Block Federal software you're using; then click Download Update.
- Note: Be sure to select the correct version, otherwise the software will not update properly. To determine which version of H&R Block Federal Software you have, follow these steps:
- Open the software
- From the H&R Block menu, select About H&R Block
- The software version is displayed below the H&R Block icon
- If prompted by your web browser, select to continue downloading the file. When the file finishes downloading, look for it in your browser's default download location. The file will be named in a format similar to H&R Block 2017 Updater - Premium.dmg, depending on your product version.
- For Mac OS X and Snow Leopard version 10.6.x, the default download location is the Downloads folder, found on the right side of your Dock, or in your Home folder.
- Close H&R Block, if it's open.
- Locate the downloaded .dmg file (disk image) and double-click to open it. The disk image should mount on your desktop and automatically open a Finder window containing the "H&R Block 2016 Updater" file.
- Double-click the "HR Block 2017 Updater" file and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- Once the update is complete, you can safely eject the mounted disk image by dragging it to the trash.