Are there any other itemized deductions that I could claim on my tax return? I donâ€™t want to overlook any potential tax deductions.
Determining what you can itemize to maximize your tax return is important. Other itemized deductions that you may want to consider include:
- Gambling losses, but only to the extent of gambling winnings reported on Form 1040
- Casualty and theft losses of income-producing property from Form 4684 or Form 4797
- Loss from other activities from Schedule K-1 (Form 1065-B)
- Federal estate tax on income in respect of a decedent
- Amortizable bond premium on bonds acquired before Oct. 23, 1986
- Deduction for repayment of amounts under a claim of right if over $3,000
- Certain unrecovered investment in a pension
- Impairment-related work expenses of disabled person
You may think that DACA individuals are required to get health insurance under the ACA. That is actually not the case - learn more at H&R Block.
Learn whether you can deduct pre-tax premiums on your taxes with advice from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Is your relative a qualifying dependent? Explore your options for claiming relatives on your taxes. Get tax answers from H&R Block.
Are you seeking security and flexibility when filing your tax returns? Look no further than H&R Block tax preparation software.