Are there any other itemized deductions that I could claim on my tax return? I donâ€™t want to overlook any potential tax deductions.
Determining what you can itemize to maximize your tax return is important. Other itemized deductions that you may want to consider include:
- Gambling losses, but only to the extent of gambling winnings reported on Form 1040
- Casualty and theft losses of income-producing property from Form 4684 or Form 4797
- Loss from other activities from Schedule K-1 (Form 1065-B)
- Federal estate tax on income in respect of a decedent
- Amortizable bond premium on bonds acquired before Oct. 23, 1986
- Deduction for repayment of amounts under a claim of right if over $3,000
- Certain unrecovered investment in a pension
- Impairment-related work expenses of disabled person
How much federal tax should you withhold? Learn the answer from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Tax season is right around the corner! Consider how the withholding allowances claimed on your Form W-4 could affect your income tax refund by visiting the Tax Information Center blog.
Learn more about claiming workers comp on your tax return from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn more about claiming dental expenses on your federal tax return with advice from the tax experts at H&R Block.