Are there any other itemized deductions that I could claim on my tax return? I donâ€™t want to overlook any potential tax deductions.
Determining what you can itemize to maximize your tax return is important. Other itemized deductions that you may want to consider include:
- Gambling losses, but only to the extent of gambling winnings reported on Form 1040
- Casualty and theft losses of income-producing property from Form 4684 or Form 4797
- Loss from other activities from Schedule K-1 (Form 1065-B)
- Federal estate tax on income in respect of a decedent
- Amortizable bond premium on bonds acquired before Oct. 23, 1986
- Deduction for repayment of amounts under a claim of right if over $3,000
- Certain unrecovered investment in a pension
- Impairment-related work expenses of disabled person
Learn whether a noncitizen can claim the standard deduction tax credit with advice from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Can you claim a deduction for paying down your student loan? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn more about itemizing deductions when married and filing separately with advice from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn whether you can deduct sales tax on the purchase of a used car with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.