Are there any other itemized deductions that I could claim on my tax return? I donâ€™t want to overlook any potential tax deductions.
Determining what you can itemize to maximize your tax return is important. Other itemized deductions that you may want to consider include:
- Gambling losses, but only to the extent of gambling winnings reported on Form 1040
- Casualty and theft losses of income-producing property from Form 4684 or Form 4797
- Loss from other activities from Schedule K-1 (Form 1065-B)
- Federal estate tax on income in respect of a decedent
- Amortizable bond premium on bonds acquired before Oct. 23, 1986
- Deduction for repayment of amounts under a claim of right if over $3,000
- Certain unrecovered investment in a pension
- Impairment-related work expenses of disabled person
What happens to your taxes after marriage? Learn how marriage can lead to changes in tax filing and returns at H&R Block.
Here are the top tax questions our professionals got this year – with answers for you! How can you use this? Read on to get answers from H&R Block.
Trying to determine the cost of tax preparation or H&R Block’s prices? Find out why there is no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to tax prep.
What is a CPA, and how can one help you with preparing your taxes? Understand the role of a certified public accountant with the experts at H&R Block.