Are there any other itemized deductions that I could claim on my tax return? I donâ€™t want to overlook any potential tax deductions.
Determining what you can itemize to maximize your tax return is important. Other itemized deductions that you may want to consider include:
- Gambling losses, but only to the extent of gambling winnings reported on Form 1040
- Casualty and theft losses of income-producing property from Form 4684 or Form 4797
- Loss from other activities from Schedule K-1 (Form 1065-B)
- Federal estate tax on income in respect of a decedent
- Amortizable bond premium on bonds acquired before Oct. 23, 1986
- Deduction for repayment of amounts under a claim of right if over $3,000
- Certain unrecovered investment in a pension
- Impairment-related work expenses of disabled person
Looking for more information about your Rhode Island refund? Find out details on how to check your refund status, who to contact, and more from H&R Block.
Do you have to pay income tax in Tennessee? Find out everything you need to know about Tennessee taxes, with help from the tax pros at H&R Block.
Did you pay partnership expenses out of your own pocket? Find out if it’s possible to claim a deduction on unreimbursed partnership expenses.
Learn about free New York e-file products from H&R Block. Even though taxes can be costly, we are here to help.