Are there any other itemized deductions that I could claim on my tax return? I donâ€™t want to overlook any potential tax deductions.
Determining what you can itemize to maximize your tax return is important. Other itemized deductions that you may want to consider include:
- Gambling losses, but only to the extent of gambling winnings reported on Form 1040
- Casualty and theft losses of income-producing property from Form 4684 or Form 4797
- Loss from other activities from Schedule K-1 (Form 1065-B)
- Federal estate tax on income in respect of a decedent
- Amortizable bond premium on bonds acquired before Oct. 23, 1986
- Deduction for repayment of amounts under a claim of right if over $3,000
- Certain unrecovered investment in a pension
- Impairment-related work expenses of disabled person
If you need help handling an estate, we're here to help. Learn how to file taxes for a deceased loved one with H&R Block.
Learn more about the potential tax benefits of charitable holiday giving. Your holiday donations may boost your refund, depending on the organization.
What is a closing disclosure? When you buy a house, you will receive a closing disclosure that can benefit you at tax time. Learn more at H&R Block.
Many are surprised to learn that even side gigs come with a tax price. H&R Block Tax pro's have arranged expert tips for those who owe direct sales taxes.