Are there any other itemized deductions that I could claim on my tax return? I donâ€™t want to overlook any potential tax deductions.
Determining what you can itemize to maximize your tax return is important. Other itemized deductions that you may want to consider include:
- Gambling losses, but only to the extent of gambling winnings reported on Form 1040
- Casualty and theft losses of income-producing property from Form 4684 or Form 4797
- Loss from other activities from Schedule K-1 (Form 1065-B)
- Federal estate tax on income in respect of a decedent
- Amortizable bond premium on bonds acquired before Oct. 23, 1986
- Deduction for repayment of amounts under a claim of right if over $3,000
- Certain unrecovered investment in a pension
- Impairment-related work expenses of disabled person
Are you eligible for tax credits when pursuing higher education? Learn more about these credits and get tax answers at H&R Block.
If you're a student, you may be eligible for a tax credit. Learn more about education tax credits like the American Opportunity credit and more at H&R Block.
Does a Pell grant count as taxable income? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Find out if you can claim deductions missed on prior tax returns with advice from the tax experts at H&R Block.