Are there any other itemized deductions that I could claim on my tax return? I donâ€™t want to overlook any potential tax deductions.
Determining what you can itemize to maximize your tax return is important. Other itemized deductions that you may want to consider include:
- Gambling losses, but only to the extent of gambling winnings reported on Form 1040
- Casualty and theft losses of income-producing property from Form 4684 or Form 4797
- Loss from other activities from Schedule K-1 (Form 1065-B)
- Federal estate tax on income in respect of a decedent
- Amortizable bond premium on bonds acquired before Oct. 23, 1986
- Deduction for repayment of amounts under a claim of right if over $3,000
- Certain unrecovered investment in a pension
- Impairment-related work expenses of disabled person
Find out if you can e-file multiple state tax returns and learn about reciprocity agreements with help from H&R Block.
Have you ever thought about investing in a Cayman Islands tax haven? Before opening an account, or making adjustments to an already existing account, review these tax tips.
Will coronavirus impact my taxes? Find out from H&R Block’s experts how changes due to coronavirus, such as unemployment and multiple jobs, could impact your taxes.
Are Veterans benefits taxable? Our H&R Tax Professionals address your veteran's related tax questions in honor of our soldiers this Veteran's Day.