Are there any other itemized deductions that I could claim on my tax return? I donâ€™t want to overlook any potential tax deductions.
Determining what you can itemize to maximize your tax return is important. Other itemized deductions that you may want to consider include:
- Gambling losses, but only to the extent of gambling winnings reported on Form 1040
- Casualty and theft losses of income-producing property from Form 4684 or Form 4797
- Loss from other activities from Schedule K-1 (Form 1065-B)
- Federal estate tax on income in respect of a decedent
- Amortizable bond premium on bonds acquired before Oct. 23, 1986
- Deduction for repayment of amounts under a claim of right if over $3,000
- Certain unrecovered investment in a pension
- Impairment-related work expenses of disabled person
Learn if you can deduct Medicare premiums with advice from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn more bout deducting gambling losses with advice from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Can you claim a tax deduction if you use a cell phone for business purposes? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Why didn't your employer take any federal withholding taxes out of your paycheck? Learn the answer from the tax experts at H&R Block.