Are there any other itemized deductions that I could claim on my tax return? I donâ€™t want to overlook any potential tax deductions.
Determining what you can itemize to maximize your tax return is important. Other itemized deductions that you may want to consider include:
- Gambling losses, but only to the extent of gambling winnings reported on Form 1040
- Casualty and theft losses of income-producing property from Form 4684 or Form 4797
- Loss from other activities from Schedule K-1 (Form 1065-B)
- Federal estate tax on income in respect of a decedent
- Amortizable bond premium on bonds acquired before Oct. 23, 1986
- Deduction for repayment of amounts under a claim of right if over $3,000
- Certain unrecovered investment in a pension
- Impairment-related work expenses of disabled person
Find out how many years you have to file an amended tax return. If you have discovered missing information on your return and need to correct it, H&R Block can help.
Looking for more information about your Maryland refund? Find out details on how to check your refund status, who to contact, and more from H&R Block.
Virtual tax preparation lets you complete your taxes from the comfort of your home. Find out how easy remote tax preparations can be at H&R Block.
Learn more about filing head of household from the tax experts at H&R Block.