Where’s my refund – Kansas?
To check the status of your Kansas state refund online, go to https://www.kdor.ks.gov/Apps/kcsc/increfundstatus.aspx.
In order to view status information, you will be prompted to enter:
- Social Security number
- Refund amount
- Type of return (Income tax or homestead)
Click on “Submit” to view your refund status.
You may also call 1-785-368-8222, 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Generally, if the return was completed correctly. taxpayers expecting refunds that filed electronically can expect a deposit within 10 to 14 business days. Taxpayers expecting a refund that filed using a paper form should allow at least 16 to 20 weeks to receive a refund back by mail.
What can cause a delay in my Kansas refund?
A number of things can cause a delay in your Kansas refund. They include:
- If the department needs to verify information reported on your return or request additional information, the process will take longer.
- Math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- You used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Your return was missing information or incomplete.
Need more Kansas refund and tax information?
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Was this topic helpful?