Where’s my refund – Louisiana?
To check the status of your Louisiana state refund online, go to https://latap.revenue.louisiana.gov/?Link=WMR.
To see your refund status information, you will be prompted to enter:
- Social Security number (for joint returns enter SSN of the primary taxpayer or spouse)
- Tax year
- Filing status
- Refund amount
Click “Next” for refund status.
Due to the need to address the increasing occurrences of identity theft, it will take additional time to process refunds. Generally, if your return was completed correctly, you can expect electronically filed refunds to take up to 45 days. The LA DOR site says: “The expected refund processing time for returns filed electronically is up to 45 days.
For paper returns, taxpayers should expect to wait up to 14 weeks.
What can cause a delay in my Louisiana refund?
A number of things could cause a delay in your Louisiana refund. Here are some common reasons for a delay:
- If the department needs to verify information reported on your return or request additional information, the process will take longer.
- Math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- You used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Your return was missing information or incomplete.
Need more Louisiana refund and tax information?
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Was this topic helpful?