Where’s my refund – New York?
To check on your New York state refund status go to https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/refund.htm.
In order to view status information, you will be prompted to do the following:
- Select the “Check Refund Status” button
- On the next page, enter the provided security code displayed and then select “Continue”.
- On the “Tax Refund Status” page, select your:
- Tax year
- Social Security number
- Form you filed
- Then hit “Continue”.
You can choose to receive notifications, including email notice when your refund is issued, by setting up an account online. To do this, visit https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/refund.htm. Then, review the instructions under the “What To Do While You’re Waiting” section.
If you do not have access to a computer or prefer to check through another method, you can call the phone number: 518-457-5149.( It is available 24/7.)
What can cause a delay in my New York refund?
- Math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- You used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Your return was missing information or incomplete.
- Tax fraud and error safeguards could delay some returns
Need more New York refund and tax information?
If you need more information about your New York refund, visit the following websites:
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Was this topic helpful?