Where’s my refund – North Carolina?
To check on your North Carolina state refund status go to https://eservices.dor.nc.gov/wheresmyrefund/.
In order to view status information, you will be prompted to select the option for tax year and click “Next” then on the next page enter:
- The first Social Security number listed on your tax return.
- The exact amount of your refund.
Then, click “Submit” to check your refund status.
You can also call the toll-free refund inquiry line at 1-877-252-4052, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Please note: Refund checks are written weekly by the state of North Carolina. If you contact the state’s refund inquiry line and are advised that your check has not been written, wait seven days (one week) before calling the refund inquiry line again.
What can cause a delay in my North Carolina refund?
A number of things could cause a delay in receiving your North Carolina refund, including the following:
- Math errors in your return or other adjustment. If the adjustment causes a change to your refund amount, you will receive a notice.
- You used more than one form type to complete your return. The form type is identified in the top left corner of your return. Your state tax returned for you to complete using the correct form type.
- Your return was missing information or incomplete. Sometimes returns are missing information such as signatures, ID numbers, bank account information, W-2s, or 1099s. Your state return may be returned to you. You must complete the correct form type before your return can be processed.
Need more North Carolina refund and tax information?
For more information regarding your North Carolina refund, visit the following website:
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Maximize tax savings and minimize fees and penalties with a personalized tax calendar. Learn more about income tax dates at H&R Block.
Get more from your tax return and learn what tax deductions are available for home purchases with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Find out if you can claim gas expenses on your taxes with the tax experts at H&R Block. See if you are eligible for the standard mileage deduction.
Learn more about claiming premium tax credits with advice from the tax experts at H&R Block.