Where’s my refund – Rhode Island?
To check the status of your Rhode Island refund online, go to https://tax.ri.gov/online-services/wheres-my-refund. You will be prompted to enter:
- Your Social Security number
- Your filing type
- The refund amount
For additional taxpayer assistance over the phone, call 1-401-574-8829 option #3
What can cause a delay in my Rhode Island refund?
A few things could case a delay in your Rhode Island refund, including the following:
- If the department needs to verify information reported on your return or request additional information
- Math errors in your return or other adjustments
- Using more than one form type to complete your return.
- If your Rhode Island state return was missing information or incomplete.
Need more Rhode Island state refund and tax information?
For more information about your Rhode Island refund, visit the following websites:
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Was this topic helpful?