Where’s my refund – Wisconsin?
To check the status of your Wisconsin state refund, go to https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/Apps/TaxReturnStatus.aspx
You will be prompted to enter:
- Tax return year
- Your Social Security number or ITIN
- Enter refund amount from your return (whole dollars only)
Then, click “Submit”.
To check your return status by telephone:
- 1-608-266-8100 in Madison
- 1-414-227-4907 in Milwaukee
- Toll free at 1-866-947-7363 in other areas of Wisconsin
If filed electronically, most refunds are issued in less than 12 weeks. Filing a paper return could delay your refund.
What can cause a delay in my Wisconsin refund?
A number of things could cause a delay in your Wisconsin refund, including the following:
- If your homestead credit claim was selected for review
- If your earned income credit claim was selected for review
- If you were selected for identity verification
- If we found errors in matching wage information
- Fraud and error safeguards could delay some returns
Need more Wisconsin state refund and tax information?
For more information on your Wisconsin refund, visit the following websites:
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Learn more about deducting charitable contributions and get answers from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Expats are subject to the latest tax bill changes much like any other taxpayer. Learn more about the effects of tax reform on Expats with H&R Block.
Can HSA tax deductions help when it comes to the alternative minimum tax? Find out today. Get tax answers at H&R Block.
Learn when you can deduct medical expenses to maximize your return with advice from the tax experts at H&R Block.