Where’s my refund – Wisconsin?
To check the status of your Wisconsin state refund, go to https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/Apps/TaxReturnStatus.aspx
You will be prompted to enter:
- Tax return year
- Your Social Security number or ITIN
- Enter refund amount from your return (whole dollars only)
Then, click “Submit”.
To check your return status by telephone:
- 1-608-266-8100 in Madison
- 1-414-227-4907 in Milwaukee
- Toll free at 1-866-947-7363 in other areas of Wisconsin
If filed electronically, most refunds are issued in less than 12 weeks. Filing a paper return could delay your refund.
What can cause a delay in my Wisconsin refund?
A number of things could cause a delay in your Wisconsin refund, including the following:
- If your homestead credit claim was selected for review
- If your earned income credit claim was selected for review
- If you were selected for identity verification
- If we found errors in matching wage information
- Fraud and error safeguards could delay some returns
Need more Wisconsin state refund and tax information?
For more information on your Wisconsin refund, visit the following websites:
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Looking for information on the Arizona income tax rate? Read here to learn more about state income taxes in Arizona with the H&R Block tax pros.
Find out how state income tax deadlines have changed for tax year 2020 with the latest updates from the tax experts at H&R Block.
If you're a student, you may be eligible for a tax credit. Learn more about education tax credits like the American Opportunity credit and more at H&R Block.
Heard about a new rule that lets you apply 2019 income to your 2020 taxes? Find out what’s myth vs. reality for this recent change from H&R Block.