Explore All Topics

Reviewing Your Tax Return Filing Options

2 min read

2 min read

When it comes time to do your taxes, you might wonder what the best tax return filing option is for you.  While you could certainly fill out and mail the forms yourself, there are several easier ways to get your taxes done quickly and accurately.

At H&R Block, we offer a variety of ways to file, allowing you to do your taxes on your own, get help if you need it, or leave it all to our tax pros.

What Are Your Tax Filing Options?

Review the tax return filing options below to understand how they work and what might be best for you. You can also find out how to do taxes at Block from our website.

Do-it-yourself (DIY) – You can take a do-it-yourself approach to filing your taxes with an online or software product. Choosing DIY lets you complete your taxes at your own pace from the comfort of your home. H&R Block’s DIY options are easy to use and will walk you through the entire process, making your filing quick and convenient. Need help? Assistance from a tax pro is available via live chat. Or, if you just want an expert to check your work, you can choose Tax Pro Review and a tax professional will review your completed online return to ensure nothing’s been missed.

Filing in an Office – You can also choose to have an expert prepare and file your return for you. When you file at an H&R Block tax office, you’ll sit next to your tax pro and can follow along on your own computer monitor. Don’t want to get too deep in the details? You can choose to be involved as little or as much as you like. You can even drop your taxes off and pick them up when they’re ready.

Virtual Tax Preparation – This modern tax return filing option lets you get your taxes done by a real-life tax expert without leaving your home. H&R Block Virtual tax prep matches you with the tax pro best suited to your situation. All you do is upload your files, and your tax pro does the rest.

Was this topic helpful?