IRS Letter 3339C – Audit Reconsideration – Additional Substantiation Request
The IRS wants you to provide additional proof to support your request for audit reconsideration.
Type of Notice: Return accuracy
Likely next step: Address an IRS tax audit
Why you received IRS Letter 3339C
- You filed a tax return which was selected for audit.
- The IRS sent you notices regarding the final audit determination, but you did not respond. They assessed taxes.
- You requested audit reconsideration.
- You provided documentation to prove your position.
- The IRS sent Letter 3339C to request additional documentation.
Notice deadline: 30 days
If you miss the deadline: The IRS may deny the request for audit reconsideration or only a partial change will be made.
Want more help?
Your tax professional can deal with the IRS for you. Learn more about H&R Block’s Tax Audit & Notice Services. Or make an appointment for a free consultation with a local tax professional by calling 855-536-6504 or finding a local tax pro.
Was this topic helpful?