IRS Letter 3339C – Audit Reconsideration – Additional Substantiation Request
The IRS wants you to provide additional proof to support your request for audit reconsideration.
Type of Notice: Return accuracy
Most common tax problem area: IRS tax audits
Why you received IRS Letter 3339C
- You filed a tax return which was selected for audit.
- You did not respond on time to the notices sent regarding the final audit determination, and taxes were assessed.
- You requested audit reconsideration.
- You provided documentation to prove your position.
- The IRS sent Letter 3339C to request additional documentation.
Your options to address IRS Letter 3339C
Provide the documentation requested
Notice deadline: 30 days
If you miss the deadline: The IRS may deny the request for audit reconsideration or only a partial change will be made.
Want more help?
See your local tax pro for a free consultation.
Find more information on IRS Notice CP87C and claiming dependents on tax returns. Get help from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Don't miss out on a tax refund. Learn more about notice CP81 and how to handle an IRS CP81 notice with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn more about letter 5071C, why you received it, and how to respond to an IRS 5071C letter with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn more about IRS Letter 3666C, why you received the letter, and what it means for you with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.