IRS Letter 3572 – Your Federal Income Tax Return Has Been Selected for Examination
Letter 3572 is sent by the IRS auditor to request that you call to schedule an audit appointment.
Type of Notice: Return accuracy
Most common tax problem area: IRS audits
Why you received IRS Letter 3572
- The IRS selected your tax return for an audit.
- The IRS is requesting that you call to make an audit appointment.
- During the audit appointment, the IRS will expect you to provide documents to support one or more items on your tax return.
Your options to address IRS Letter 3572
- Provide the requested documentation
- Dispute the taxes you owe
- Dispute the penalties
Notice deadline: 10 days
If you miss the deadline: The IRS will assess additional tax, penalties, and interest.
Want more help?
See your local tax pro for a free consultation.
Was this topic helpful?