IRS Notice CP11A – Earned Income Credit Error
Type of notice: Return accuracy
Most common tax problem area: Return and account problems
Other tax problem areas: IRS bill for unpaid taxes
Why you received IRS Notice CP11A
- You filed a tax return and claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
- The IRS reviewed the return and discovered tax return errors in calculating the EITC.
- The IRS made an adjustment to the return, resulting in a balance due.
Your options to address IRS Notice CP11A
- Dispute the taxes you owe.
- Dispute the penalties.
- Make arrangements to pay.
Notice deadline: 60 days
If you miss the deadline: The IRS may forward your case for audit. You will lose your formal right to appeal the additional tax, penalties and interest.
Want more help?
See your local tax pro for a free consultation.
Received an IRS CP16 notice? Learn more about notice CP16 and how to handle it with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Get the facts from H&R Block about IRS revenue agents. If your audit letter is signed by a revenue agent, the audit is likely to be complex.
Learn more about letter 324C and how to handle an IRS 324C letter with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Need help with an IRS tax problem? The experts at H&R Block are here to help.