IRS Notice CP21A – Changes to Your Form 1040
The IRS sends CP21A to inform you that the changes you requested have been made for tax year shown on the notice that resulted in a balance due.
Type of Notice: Return accuracy
Most common tax problem area: IRS return and account problems
Why you received IRS Notice CP21A
- After you filed your tax return you discovered an error.
- You either contacted the IRS to correct the error or filed an amended return.
- The IRS corrected the error and made an adjustment to your return.
- The IRS sent CP21A to notify you that the adjustment resulted in a balance due.
Your options to address IRS Notice CP21A
- Dispute the taxes you owe
- Dispute the penalties
- Make arrangement to pay
Notice deadline: 21 days
If you miss the deadline: Additional penalties and interest will accumulate.
Want more help?
See your local tax pro for a free consultation.
Tax fraud is more than just leaving an item off a return. Read the IRS definition and get more insight from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Get the facts from H&R Block about IRS revenue agent reports, which show the changes the IRS is proposing to your tax return after an IRS audit.
Learn more about notice CP01S, why you received it, and how to handle the notice with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.
You may qualify for an additional tax credit. Learn more about notice CP27 and how to handle this notice with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.