IRS Notice CP21A – Changes to Your Form 1040
The IRS sends CP21A to inform you that the changes you requested have been made for tax year shown on the notice that resulted in a balance due.
Type of Notice: Return accuracy
Most common tax problem area: IRS return and account problems
Why you received IRS Notice CP21A
- After you filed your tax return you discovered an error.
- You either contacted the IRS to correct the error or filed an amended return.
- The IRS corrected the error and made an adjustment to your return.
- The IRS sent CP21A to notify you that the adjustment resulted in a balance due.
Your options to address IRS Notice CP21A
- Dispute the taxes you owe
- Dispute the penalties
- Make arrangement to pay
Notice deadline: 21 days
If you miss the deadline: Additional penalties and interest will accumulate.
Want more help?
See your local tax pro for a free consultation.
Get help from an IRS expert
H&R Block’s experts can solve any IRS problem, no matter how complex.
Learn about IRS return and account problems that you may encounter when filing taxes from the tax experts at H&R Block.
You have options when you owe taxes. Get the facts about the best way to pay your tax bill with help from the experts at H&R Block.
Get the facts from H&R Block about the four types of IRS penalty relief, and which IRS penalty relief option may be best for your situation.
Get the facts from H&R Block about the widely available but little-known IRS penalty relief option called first-time penalty abatement.