IRS Notice CP21A – Changes to Your Form 1040
The IRS sends CP21A to inform you that the changes you requested have been made for tax year shown on the notice that resulted in a balance due.
Type of Notice: Return accuracy
Most common tax problem area: IRS return and account problems
Why you received IRS Notice CP21A
- After you filed your tax return you discovered an error.
- You either contacted the IRS to correct the error or filed an amended return.
- The IRS corrected the error and made an adjustment to your return.
- The IRS sent CP21A to notify you that the adjustment resulted in a balance due.
Your options to address IRS Notice CP21A
- Dispute the taxes you owe
- Dispute the penalties
- Make arrangement to pay
Notice deadline: 21 days
If you miss the deadline: Additional penalties and interest will accumulate.
Want more help?
See your local tax pro for a free consultation.
Was this topic helpful?