IRS Notice CP21A – Changes to Your Form 1040
The IRS sends CP21A to inform you that the changes you requested have been made for tax year shown on the notice that resulted in a balance due.
Type of Notice: Return accuracy
Most common tax problem area: IRS return and account problems
Why you received IRS Notice CP21A
- After you filed your tax return you discovered an error.
- You either contacted the IRS to correct the error or filed an amended return.
- The IRS corrected the error and made an adjustment to your return.
- The IRS sent CP21A to notify you that the adjustment resulted in a balance due.
Your options to address IRS Notice CP21A
- Dispute the taxes you owe
- Dispute the penalties
- Make arrangement to pay
Notice deadline: 21 days
If you miss the deadline: Additional penalties and interest will accumulate.
Want more help?
See your local tax pro for a free consultation.
Learn more about IRS Letter 4552C and how to handle an inquiry of your business' income with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Get the facts from the experts at H&R Block about the specific items you should include in an IRS penalty abatement request letter.
The IRS may contact third parties about your tax liability. Learn more about IRS letter 3164 from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn more about IRS Letter 3666C, why you received the letter, and what it means for you with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.