IRS Notice CP22A – Changes to Your Form 1040
The IRS sent CP22A to notify you that the adjustments to your tax return that you requested have been made and a balance is now due.
Type of Notice: Return accuracy
Most common tax problem area: IRS return and account problems
Why you received IRS Notice CP22A
- After you filed your tax return you discovered an error.
- You either contacted the IRS to correct the error or filed an amended return.
- The IRS corrected the error and made an adjustment to your return.
- The IRS sent CP22A to notify you that the adjustment resulted in a balance due on your return.
Your options to address IRS Notice CP22A
- Dispute the taxes you owe
- Dispute the penalties
- Make arrangement to pay
Notice deadline: 21 days
If you miss the deadline: Penalties and interest will begin to accumulate.
Want more help?
See your local tax pro for a free consultation.
Get the facts from H&R Block about federal tax liens. Learn when the IRS can file them, how they affect you, and how to avoid them with IRS payment options.
Why did you receive a CP22E notice from the IRS? Learn how to navigate this issue and get answers from the tax experts at H&R Block.
You may be due a refund. Learn more about letter 2469C and how to handle an IRS 2469C letter with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn more about notice CP62, why you received it, and how to handle an IRS CP62 notice with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.