IRS Notice CP49 – The IRS Applied Your Refund to Taxes Owed
Type of notice: Unpaid balance
Most common tax problem area: IRS bill for unpaid taxes
Other tax problem areas: IRS penalties
Why you received IRS Notice CP49
- You had a tax balance and didn’t pay it in full.
- You filed a tax return with a refund due.
- The IRS used all or part of your refund to pay the back taxes you owe.
Your options to address IRS Notice CP49
- Dispute the taxes you owe.
- Dispute the penalties.
- Make arrangements to pay.
Notice deadline: N/A
If you miss the deadline: N/A
Want more help?
See your local tax pro for a free consultation.
Learn what to do if the IRS asks for more information to process your business tax return or sends a notice about changes to your business return.
Learn more about notice CP15H and how to handle this notice with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn what happens when you have unfiled tax returns -- and how to fix the issue. Get the IRS definition and more insight from the experts at H&R Block.