IRS Notice CP77 – Intent to Seize Your Assets and Notice of Your Right to a Hearing
The IRS is preparing to issue a levy against Alaska Permanent Fund Dividends owed to you. The IRS also has the right to file a lien.
Type of notice: Unpaid balance
Possible next step: Address a bill for unpaid taxes
Also see: IRS penalties
Why you received IRS Notice CP77
- You filed an individual tax return.
- The tax return filed resulted in a balance due.
- You have not responded to previous attempts by the IRS to collect the balance due.
- You are eligible for the Alaska Permanent Fund Dividends.
- The IRS sent CP77 as the final notice prior to filing a levy against the Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend payments owed to you and prior to filing a lien. You have the right to appeal the proposed levy/lien.
Notice deadline: 30 days
If you miss the deadline: The IRS will issue a levy against your Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend payments and may also issue a notice of federal tax lien.
Want more help?
Your tax professional can deal with the IRS for you. Learn more about H&R Block’s Tax Audit & Notice Services. Or make an appointment for a free consultation with a local tax professional by calling 855-536-6504 or finding a local tax pro.
Was this topic helpful?