IRS Notice CP77 – Intent to Seize Your Assets and Notice of Your Right to a Hearing
The IRS is preparing to issue a levy against Alaska Permanent Fund Dividends owed to you. The IRS also has the right to file a lien.
Type of notice: Unpaid balance
Possible next step: Address a bill for unpaid taxes
Also see: IRS penalties
Why you received IRS Notice CP77
- You filed an individual tax return.
- The tax return filed resulted in a balance due.
- You have not responded to previous attempts by the IRS to collect the balance due.
- You are eligible for the Alaska Permanent Fund Dividends.
- The IRS sent CP77 as the final notice prior to filing a levy against the Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend payments owed to you and prior to filing a lien. You have the right to appeal the proposed levy/lien.
Notice deadline: 30 days
If you miss the deadline: The IRS will issue a levy against your Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend payments and may also issue a notice of federal tax lien.
Want more help?
Your tax professional can deal with the IRS for you. Learn more about H&R Block’s Tax Audit & Notice Services. Or make an appointment for a free consultation with a local tax professional by calling 855-536-6504 or finding a local tax pro.
Letter from the IRS?
Your local H&R Block tax pro can look into it for you.
Learn about the different options when you can't pay or still owe money from a past return from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Get the facts from H&R Block about the four types of IRS penalty relief, and which IRS penalty relief option may be best for your situation.
Get the facts from H&R Block about IRS payment options when you can't pay your tax bill, including short-term extensions, monthly payment plans, and more.
Liens and levies are tools the IRS uses to collect back taxes. Learn more about each one -- and how to avoid tax liens and levies by working with the IRS.
Learn what to do when you can’t pay your taxes – to avoid these 10 consequences of tax debt. Get the facts from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn how to get the IRS to remove your levy or wage garnishment and how long it will take. Get the facts from the tax experts at H&R Block.