What debt can offset my tax refund?
The following circumstances create the potential for debt offset that can affect your refund:
- Overdue federal tax debts
- Past-due child support money
- Federal agency non-tax debts
- State income tax debt
- Unemployment compensation debts owed to a state (for fraudulent wages paid or contributions due to a state fund)
- Student direct and guaranteed loan repayments
- Small Business Administration (SBA) loan repayments
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) loan repayments
Need to make sure the IRS got your check? Learn how you can confirm if the IRS received your payment from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Learn how to verify if your tax return has been deposited in your bank account with advice from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Does your refund look a bit different this year? Learn more about refundable tax credits and how they can affect your return from the tax experts at H
If you're asking, Where's my refund? we're here to help. Learn how to check your refund status from the tax experts at H&R Block.