Tax Reform Impact [INFOGRAPHIC]
Did you know… tax reform affects virtually every taxpayer? The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) which passed late in 2017 changes the way you claim exemptions, dependents, deductions and even medical expenses. But, are you asking, “How will the tax reform affect me?” or “Can I expect to pay more or less in 2018?” The following interactive tax reform infographic is meant to give you an indicator* of your tax reform impact.
Uncovering How Tax Reform Will Affect You
Get a high-level indicator* of how tax reform will impact you with our tax reform infographic above. You answer questions about:
- Your filing status
- Your number of children (if any)
- Your household income. Don’t worry, we don’t need an exact amount. We’ll give you a few ranges to choose from. Plus, we’ll ask if most of your income is from self-employment.
- Your normal deduction option. By that we mean whether you normally take the standard deduction or claim itemized deductions.
- Whether your deductions for real estate, personal property, sales, state and local taxes exceed $10,000.
- Whether you live in a high tax state, such as California, New York or New Jersey.
*Please note: Our tax reform infographic tool is an estimate of your tax impact in 2018 and should be used only as a helpful guide. To get a side-by-side estimate, visit our tax refund and tax reform calculator.
Want More Details on the New Tax Bill’s Impact on You?
Our Tax Pros can help you better understand how tax reform will impact you. Find your local Tax Office and speak with one of our knowledgeable Tax Pros today. You can also find additional information in our Tax Reform Center.
If it is determined that you have seriously delinquent tax debt, your passport application may be denied. Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
If you receive a Form W-2G for gambling winnings, you must report the full amount of income shown on the W-2G on your tax return. Learn more from H&R Block.
Think it's too late to make a difference on this year's tax return? Think again! Learn how to maximize tax deductions and increase your refund with H&R Block.
Do you need more time to file taxes? Review these time-sensitive tax pro tips to prepare for the tax filing extension deadline. Read more from our pros on the H&R Block blog.