Inexpensive Father’s Day Gifts Under $50
It’s almost Father’s Day! Whether you are gifting for your dad, grandpa, godfather, brother, neighbor, or friend, this is a great opportunity to show your loved ones you appreciate them. So, without further adieu, here’s a guide with quirky, unique, and most importantly thrifty gifts for Father’s Day — all under $50!
- Learn together: Take them to class! A crop of “adult” classes in art, the outdoors, and sports have popped up all over the country. For around less than $50 you can find a fun experience to share with your loved one. For even more of a value, check out your local your city’s parks and recreation department. They have tons of affordable class options.
- Explore at a state or national park: June is the perfect month to get outside. Take our dad or loved one to a state park. Hike, fish, swim, and take in the scenes of Mother Nature. The only expense will be the gas there, parking, and park admittance fees!
- Tee it up at the driving range: Go to the greens to practice your best swing with dad.
- Take him out to the ballgame: Most men like sports, so you really can’t go wrong here. Tailgate and grill out – and treat him to the best BBQ around!
- Bike to a brewery: Join him on a bike ride to his favorite brewmaster! Nothing says love like getting out into the outdoors together.
- Camp in the backyard: Buy a wicker basket and take the time to make a takeaway meal. Find a local park or picnic area by open water to eat al fresco and celebrate the day – and him!
- Make him a photo book: Shutterfly, Snapfish, Walgreens, and a host of retailers offer great deals on photo books around Father’s Day. Take advantage of the seasonal deals and create book of memories through the years. Even last-minute shoppers have the time to create and print a book with expedited shipping.
- Personalize it: Every dad loves personalized gear. Check out PersonalCreations.com for some fun and unique gifts for him.
- Buy a gift card: Want to leave the gifting up to them? Purchase a $50 gift card to the retailer of his choice.
- Get outdoor gear: Summer is the best time for enjoying Mother Nature. Get him some outdoor gear for camping, fishing, or his favorite al fresco activity.
- Choose something handcrafted: Etsy has a handful of handcrafted artifacts, gifts, and trinkets for dad — all under $50.
- Give him something that’s music to his ears (kind of): Does your loved one have a long commute? Get him some audiobooks to pass the time.
- Buy him a furry friend: Has your loved one ALWAYS wanted a furry companion? Head to an animal shelter to find his new best friend.
- Take care of his errands: Allow your dad or loved one to kick back and relax on Father’s Day. Take his car out to get a car wash and fill up on gas or pick up his dry cleaning and spot the bill… It’s the little things that are important, right?
- Exercise your inner Italian: Eat in and make pizza together — homemade pizza is a collaborative and fun process. Plus, you’ll get quality time with your loved one!
- Get creative: If you are gifting on behalf of children, work together to create a DIY gift. Here are some ideas from Parenting Magazine.
Need more tax and budget-saving inspiration? Find H&R Block on Facebook!
Learn about tax extensions for the military and get tax answers at H&R Block.
Even if you only have a few years to save for college, it's not too late. Check out this infographic of college saving tips from H&R Block.
Not sure how to save money on wedding flowers? Learn how you can create unique, budget-friendly bouquets for your wedding with H&R Block.
Work-life balance can be a hard thing to manage. Take advantage of one - or more - of these 5 services to outsource help.