Import Tax Information to H&R Block
Did you know that H&R Block can import tax information for you? Importing your tax information is a convenient way to get a head start on filing your return, and you’ll avoid manual entry of your forms and other details.
The tax information you can import includes basic personal data, such as your name, address, and dependent information. But it also includes additional financial information like:
- Employer information from your Forms W-2
- Business information from your Schedule C
- Interest income from your Schedule B
- Rental income from your Schedule E
- Deductions and credits
- Gifts to charity
- Medical expenses
- Taxes paid
- Childcare providers
- Non-dependents for the Earned Income Credit (EIC) and Child Tax Credit
- Adoption credit carryover
- Energy credit carryover
- Investment interest credit
- Home mortgage interest credit
If you need to change any of your imported tax information, you can edit the fields as you go through your return, and we’ll update the data for you.
Was your H&R Block return rejected, but you didn’t receive the notice? Review the information here to ensure you receive our messages.
Find out how to view and print your tax return if you’re using the H&R Block Online product.
Are you filing your taxes online with H&R Block and aren’t sure what you will need to complete the process? We help you determine what you’ll need to get started.
Are you trying to print and mail your state return with our online product? Learn more about how to file state taxes by mail with H&R Block.