Import Tax Information to H&R Block
Did you know that H&R Block can import tax information for you? Importing your tax information is a convenient way to get a head start on filing your return, and you’ll avoid manual entry of your forms and other details.
The tax information you can import includes basic personal data, such as your name, address, and dependent information. But it also includes additional financial information like:
- Employer information from your Forms W-2
- Business information from your Schedule C
- Interest income from your Schedule B
- Rental income from your Schedule E
- Deductions and credits
- Gifts to charity
- Medical expenses
- Taxes paid
- Childcare providers
- Non-dependents for the Earned Income Credit (EIC) and Child Tax Credit
- Adoption credit carryover
- Energy credit carryover
- Investment interest credit
- Home mortgage interest credit
If you need to change any of your imported tax information, you can edit the fields as you go through your return, and we’ll update the data for you.
Are you having issues with Adobe Acrobat not working as you prepare your taxes online with H&R Block? We explain how to resolve this issue.
What can you do to fix a return when the IRS needs more information to process the return? Review these instructions from H&R Block.
Are you seeking help while filing your tax return? H&R Block Online product support is available in a variety of ways. Learn more.
Are you wondering “When will I get my state tax refund?” Learn more and confirm your state refund status with this information from H&R Block.