Import Tax Information to H&R Block
Did you know that H&R Block can import tax information for you? Importing your tax information is a convenient way to get a head start on filing your return, and you’ll avoid manual entry of your forms and other details.
The tax information you can import includes basic personal data, such as your name, address, and dependent information. But it also includes additional financial information like:
- Employer information from your Forms W-2
- Business information from your Schedule C
- Interest income from your Schedule B
- Rental income from your Schedule E
- Deductions and credits
- Gifts to charity
- Medical expenses
- Taxes paid
- Childcare providers
- Non-dependents for the Earned Income Credit (EIC) and Child Tax Credit
- Adoption credit carryover
- Energy credit carryover
- Investment interest credit
- Home mortgage interest credit
If you need to change any of your imported tax information, you can edit the fields as you go through your return, and we’ll update the data for you.
Find out if you can change the authorized debit amount to pay your taxes after you’ve already e-filed your extension with the help of H&R Block.