My H&R Block Tax Software Won’t Install. I Get an Error About a Read-Only Volume. What Should I Do?
When you’re trying to install your H&R Block Tax Software and you get an error message that says, “Error: Unable to launch. H&R Block cannot run on a read-only volume,” it means your software didn’t install correctly. If your H&R Block tax software won’t install properly or you get this error message, you’ll need to uninstall your tax software and then reinstall it again.
Fixing This H&R Block Error Message
Here’s how to remove and reinstall your H&R Block Tax Software to fix an H&R Block error message:
- Open your Applications folder on your computer.
- Drag the H&R Block 2019 icon to your Trash.
- On your computer’s desktop, double-click the CD or disk image icon labeled H&R Block 2019 to open the installer window.
- Drag the green square H&R Block 2019 icon to your computer’s Applications folder and drop it in.
- Open your Applications folder.
- Double-click the green H&R Block 2019 icon.
If the software still won’t open, contact an H&R Block support specialist for additional assistance at 800-HRBLOCK (800-472-5625).
Real help. From a real tax pro. Read on to learn how H&R Block Software Assist lets you chat with a tax pro without leaving your chair.
With H&R Block software, filling out your taxes is as easy as taking a pic. Learn more about uploading your W-2 using photo capture.
Having trouble importing last year’s return into your H&R Block software? We’ll tell you what kinds of files you can import and walk you through the process.