My H&R Block Tax Software Won’t Install. I Get an Error About a Read-Only Volume. What Should I Do?
When you’re trying to install your H&R Block Tax Software and you get an error message that says, “Error: Unable to launch. H&R Block cannot run on a read-only volume,” it means your software didn’t install correctly. If your H&R Block tax software won’t install properly or you get this error message, you’ll need to uninstall your tax software and then reinstall it again.
Fixing This H&R Block Error Message
Here’s how to remove and reinstall your H&R Block Tax Software to fix an H&R Block error message:
- Open your Applications folder on your computer.
- Drag the H&R Block 2018 icon to your Trash.
- On your computer’s desktop, double-click the CD or disk image icon labeled H&R Block 2018 to open the installer window.
- Drag the green square H&R Block 2018 icon to your computer’s Applications folder and drop it in.
- Open your Applications folder.
- Double-click the green H&R Block 2018 icon.
If the software still won’t open, contact an H&R Block support specialist for additional assistance at 800-HRBLOCK (800-472-5625).
Need to know how to transfer data to another computer? Read on to find out how to move your H&R Block files to a different computer.
Was your tax return rejected because your SSN was already used on another return? Learn how to tackle this issue with information from the experts at H&R Block.
Need to file past taxes from a previous year? Find out how you can file back taxes with H&R Block’s tax software.
If you need file a return for a prior year with tax software, learn how to purchase back editions of H&R Block.