My H&R Block Tax Software Won’t Install. I Get an Error About a Read-Only Volume. What Should I Do?
When you’re trying to install your H&R Block Tax Software and you get an error message that says, “Error: Unable to launch. H&R Block cannot run on a read-only volume,” it means your software didn’t install correctly. If your H&R Block tax software won’t install properly or you get this error message, you’ll need to uninstall your tax software and then reinstall it again.
Fixing This H&R Block Error Message
Here’s how to remove and reinstall your H&R Block Tax Software to fix an H&R Block error message:
- Open your Applications folder on your computer.
- Drag the H&R Block 2018 icon to your Trash.
- On your computer’s desktop, double-click the CD or disk image icon labeled H&R Block 2018 to open the installer window.
- Drag the green square H&R Block 2018 icon to your computer’s Applications folder and drop it in.
- Open your Applications folder.
- Double-click the green H&R Block 2018 icon.
If the software still won’t open, contact an H&R Block support specialist for additional assistance at 800-HRBLOCK (800-472-5625).
If H&R Block Tax Software will not update on Windows, learn how to fix the issue with detailed information from the tax experts.
Was your tax return rejected because your SSN was already used on another return? Learn how to tackle this issue with information from the experts at H&R Block.
Learn how to check your tax refund status in H&R Block software with detailed information from product experts.
Did the IRS reject your federal tax return because a dependent’s SSN or name doesn’t match records? Learn how to fix this problem with H&R Block Tax Software.