My H&R Block Tax Software Won’t Install. I Get an Error About a Read-Only Volume. What Should I Do?
When you’re trying to install your H&R Block Tax Software and you get an error message that says, “Error: Unable to launch. H&R Block cannot run on a read-only volume,” it means your software didn’t install correctly. If your H&R Block tax software won’t install properly or you get this error message, you’ll need to uninstall your tax software and then reinstall it again.
Fixing This H&R Block Error Message
Here’s how to remove and reinstall your H&R Block Tax Software to fix an H&R Block error message:
- Open your Applications folder on your computer.
- Drag the H&R Block 2019 icon to your Trash.
- On your computer’s desktop, double-click the CD or disk image icon labeled H&R Block 2019 to open the installer window.
- Drag the green square H&R Block 2019 icon to your computer’s Applications folder and drop it in.
- Open your Applications folder.
- Double-click the green H&R Block 2019 icon.
If the software still won’t open, contact an H&R Block support specialist for additional assistance at 800-HRBLOCK (800-472-5625).
Need to print your current or prior-year taxes from H&R Block Tax Software? Learn how to print your tax return from H&R Block.
Did the IRS reject your federal tax return because a dependent’s SSN or name doesn’t match records? Learn how to fix this problem with H&R Block Tax Software.
If your H&R Block for Mac will not update, learn how to solve the issue with step-by-step instructions from the tax experts.
Has the IRS rejected your return because your prior year AGI was wrong? Learn how to easily fix the problem and file your return again with H&R Block software.