How Can I Uninstall H&R Block Software?
If you no longer want the H&R Block Software installed on your computer, you can uninstall it for your Windows or Mac operating system.
Before you remove the H&R Block Software from your computer:
- Make sure you disable any antivirus software you might have running.
- Back up your tax return data file to a backup location or USB drive.
How to Remove H&R Block Software on Windows or Mac
Here’s how to uninstall your H&R Block Software on a Windows computer:
- Save your return, then close the H&R Block Software and any other programs you might have open.
- Press and hold down the Windows Key on your keyboard, then press R. A Run window will open.
- In the search box, type Control Panel.
- Under Programs, click Uninstall a program. If you see Programs and Features, choose this option.
- In the list of programs installed on your computer, find the H&R Block program you want to uninstall.
- Highlight the H&R Block Software, then click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall process.
- If you have any state programs installed, follow steps 5-7 to completely uninstall all H&R Block Software.
Here’s how to uninstall your H&R Block Software on a Mac computer:
- Double click the Finder icon on the dock.
- Choose Applications.
- In the list of applications installed, find the H&R Block Software you want to remove.
- Drag the H&R Block icon into the trash.
Your H&R Block Tax Software should now be uninstalled.
Need to file past taxes from a previous year? Find out how you can file back taxes with H&R Block’s tax software.
Was your tax return rejected in the H&R Block software? Learn how to correct the issue with detailed information from the experts.
If you need file a return for a prior year with tax software, learn how to purchase back editions of H&R Block.
Find out how to get a different H&R Block software version with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.