How Can I Uninstall H&R Block Software?
If you no longer want the H&R Block Software installed on your computer, you can uninstall it for your Windows or Mac operating system.
Before you remove the H&R Block Software from your computer:
- Make sure you disable any antivirus software you might have running.
- Back up your tax return data file to a backup location or USB drive.
How to Remove H&R Block Software on Windows or Mac
Here’s how to uninstall your H&R Block Software on a Windows computer:
- Save your return, then close the H&R Block Software and any other programs you might have open.
- Press and hold down the Windows Key on your keyboard, then press R. A Run window will open.
- In the search box, type Control Panel.
- Under Programs, click Uninstall a program. If you see Programs and Features, choose this option.
- In the list of programs installed on your computer, find the H&R Block program you want to uninstall.
- Highlight the H&R Block Software, then click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall process.
- If you have any state programs installed, follow steps 5-7 to completely uninstall all H&R Block Software.
Here’s how to uninstall your H&R Block Software on a Mac computer:
- Double click the Finder icon on the dock.
- Choose Applications.
- In the list of applications installed, find the H&R Block Software you want to remove.
- Drag the H&R Block icon into the trash.
Your H&R Block Tax Software should now be uninstalled.
Has the IRS rejected your return because your prior year AGI was wrong? Learn how to easily fix the problem and file your return again with H&R Block software.
Find out how to stop an antivirus from blocking a program when installing H&R Block software with help from our tax experts.
Need to amend your prior-year return? Learn how to file an H&R Block tax amendment for a prior return in H&R Block’s Tax Software.
Need to install your H&R Block software from a store? Learn how to install your do-it-yourself tax software on your personal computer.