How Can I Uninstall H&R Block Software?
If you no longer want the H&R Block Software installed on your computer, you can uninstall it for your Windows or Mac operating system.
Before you remove the H&R Block Software from your computer:
- Make sure you disable any antivirus software you might have running.
- Back up your tax return data file to a backup location or USB drive.
How to Remove H&R Block Software on Windows or Mac
Here’s how to uninstall your H&R Block Software on a Windows computer:
- Save your return, then close the H&R Block Software and any other programs you might have open.
- Press and hold down the Windows Key on your keyboard, then press R. A Run window will open.
- In the search box, type Control Panel.
- Under Programs, click Uninstall a program. If you see Programs and Features, choose this option.
- In the list of programs installed on your computer, find the H&R Block program you want to uninstall.
- Highlight the H&R Block Software, then click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall process.
- If you have any state programs installed, follow steps 5-7 to completely uninstall all H&R Block Software.
Here’s how to uninstall your H&R Block Software on a Mac computer:
- Double click the Finder icon on the dock.
- Choose Applications.
- In the list of applications installed, find the H&R Block Software you want to remove.
- Drag the H&R Block icon into the trash.
Your H&R Block Tax Software should now be uninstalled.
Want to setup an IRS payment plan while using H&R Block Tax Software? Learn how to file the right form to request a payment plan with instructions from tax experts.
Need to print your H&R Block tax return? Find out how to print your return without the watermark after you file your taxes with the experts at H&R Block.
Does H&R Block software include e-filing? Find out how to use your free federal e-files with detailed information from product experts.
Learn how to print old tax returns with the experts at H&R Block. We show you how to get old tax returns from H&R Block software or a saved PDF.