IRS Letter 167C – Payment Missing; Copy of Check/Money Order/Cashier’s Check Requested
No more payments will be deducted from your checking account.
Type of Notice: Unpaid balance
Likely next step: Address an IRS bill for unpaid taxes
Also see: IRS penalties
Why you received IRS Letter 167C
- You have an unpaid tax balance.
- The IRS sent notices requesting payment.
- You set up an installment agreement with payments directly debited from your checking account.
- You requested that the IRS stop deducting payments from your checking account.
- The IRS sent Letter 167C to notify you that the payments have been stopped and tells you that a payment you thought you made was not received by the IRS.
Notice deadline: As specified on notice
Want more help?
Your tax professional can deal with the IRS for you. Learn more about H&R Block’s Tax Audit & Notice Services. Or make an appointment for a free consultation with a local tax professional by calling 855-536-6504 or finding a local tax pro.
Was this topic helpful?