IRS Letter 2272C – The IRS Can’t Consider Your IRS Installment Agreement Request
An installment agreement cannot be established as requested.
Type of notice: Unpaid balance
Likely next step: Address an IRS bill for unpaid taxes
Also see: IRS penalties
Why you received IRS Letter 2272C
- You have an unpaid balance with the IRS.
- You requested an installment agreement or extension of time to pay.
- The IRS reviewed your request and sent Letter 2272C because either:
- The IRS has rejected the installment request.
- The IRS needs more information to process your installment agreement request.
Notice deadline: 10 days
Want more help?
Your tax professional can deal with the IRS for you. Learn more about H&R Block’s Tax Audit & Notice Services. Or make an appointment for a free consultation with a local tax professional by calling 855-536-6504 or finding a local tax pro.
Get help from an IRS expert
H&R Block’s experts can solve any IRS problem, no matter how complex.
Learn about the different options when you can't pay or still owe money from a past return from the tax experts at H&R Block.
The IRS grants four types of penalty relief, but many taxpayers don't ever ask. Learn how to request penalty abatement from the IRS.
You have options when you owe taxes. Get the facts about the best way to pay your tax bill with help from the experts at H&R Block.
Learn what to do when you can’t pay your taxes – to avoid these 10 consequences of tax debt. Get the facts from the tax experts at H&R Block.