IRS Letter 2272C – The IRS Can’t Consider Your IRS Installment Agreement Request
An installment agreement cannot be established as requested.
Type of notice: Unpaid balance
Most common tax problem area: IRS bill for unpaid taxes
Other tax problem areas: IRS penalties
Why you received IRS Letter 2272C
- You have an unpaid balance with the IRS.
- You requested an installment agreement or extension of time to pay.
- The IRS reviewed your request and sent Letter 2272C because either:
- The IRS has rejected the installment request.
- The IRS needs more information to process your installment agreement request.
Your options to address IRS Letter 2272C
- Provide the requested documentation.
- Make arrangements to pay.
- Dispute the penalties.
Notice deadline: 10 days
Want more help?
See your local tax pro for a free consultation.
Discover the reasons the IRS grants tax penalty relief, including errors, administrative waivers such as first-time penalty abatement, and reasonable cause.
Get the facts from H&R Block about the IRS automated collection system (ACS), which collects refunds and sends notices when you owe taxes and haven't paid.
Learn what to do if the IRS asks for more information to process your return, holds your refund, or sends a notice about changes to your return.
Learn more about letter 979 and how to handle an IRS audit of your business return with help from the tax experts at H&R Block.