IRS Information & Tax Forms
Have questions about the IRS or IRS information? You’re in good hands with H&R Block. We’re here to help you find the IRS forms, tools, tips and information you need to help make filing your taxes easier. Not sure where to start? H&R Block’s Tax Pros are always available to answer your questions.
Finding Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Information
We’ve collected some great IRS tools and resources to help you out, from IRS contact information to guidelines on filing extensions. If you are looking for IRS tax forms such as the 1040 or the 1099 form, you can find them in our tax form center along with detailed instructions, helpful tips, and related information.
Tired of filling out tax forms? We can help! File in an H&R Block office, file using tax software, or file online to do your taxes. Filling out IRS forms will be simple and painless with H&R Block’s trusted support.
Important IRS Instructions, Tax Forms and Information
- Getting your refund status – Understand how long it might take to receive your refund from the IRS and information about your refund amount.
- Form W-2 – Review the details found on your Form W-2 from your employer.
- How to fill out your W-4 Form – Learn what to consider when you complete or update your Form W-4 information.
- Form 1099 – Understand the different types of income reported on the various IRS Forms.
- IRS contact information – Review what you can find at the IRS website and a list of helpful IRS telephone numbers.
Tools to Help You Determine Your Tax Liability
- Tax estimator – Estimate your income tax refund amount or find out how much you might owe.
- Tax tools and calculators – Find helpful tools from H&R Block that make calculating tax information easy.
Useful IRS-Related Information
- Extension Filing Guidelines from the IRS – Review everything you need to know if you’re not ready to file with the IRS and need an extension.
- You owe the IRS but can’t pay – Understand your options and required steps for when you can’t pay your tax bill.
Official IRS Sites
- IRS website – Visit the IRS’s official website to find IRS information, IRS forms and more.
- IRS Where’s My Refund? tool – Receive updates on the status of your federal return from the IRS.
Keep Up-to-Date on the Latest Tax News
- Tax News – Find recent articles featuring insight and quotes from H&R Block’s leading tax experts.
Get Help With IRS Information and Instructions From H&R Block
Did you receive a letter from the IRS with instructions you don’t understand? We can help. H&R Block’s Tax Pros are available, before, during and after tax season to guide you through payment plans, audits and other IRS procedures.
Learn the three main benefits of engaging a power of attorney to research your IRS account and resolve your tax problems. Get the facts from the experts at H&R Block.
Do you own a small business? Learn more about the qualified business income deduction, the latest tax reform for pass-through entities.
Learn what to do when you can’t pay your taxes – to avoid these 10 consequences of tax debt. Get the facts from the tax experts at H&R Block.
Forget to add credits or deductions to your return? Use Form 1040X to amend your taxes. Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.