IRS Phone Numbers and Website
At www.irs.gov you can find:
- Forms, worksheets, and publications needed to complete your return
- Advice and FAQs
- Information on new and changing tax laws
- Links and information for your state taxes
- Online tools and calculators
- Your refund status
To contact the IRS, call:
- Customer service — 800-829-1040
- Lost IRS check — 800-829-1954
- Refund status — 800-829-4477
- Forms and publications — 800-829-3676
- Questions about refunds and offsets to IRS liabilities — 800-829-1954
- Taxpayer advocate service — 877-777-4778
To pay tax by credit card — Call any of these numbers:
- 888-PAY-1040 (888-729-1040)
- 855-9-PAY-TAX (855-972-9829)
To learn more, see these tax tips:
- Amended Return — Form 1040X
Don’t miss out on money you deserve. Find out from H&R Block’s experts why you could have unclaimed tax refunds and how to can claim yours.
Was your business charged a failure to deposit penalty? Read the IRS definition and get more insight from the tax experts at H&R Block.
The IRS made changes to your return and you have a balance due. Learn more about notice CP22A and how to handle it with help from the experts at H&R Block.
Does the early 401k withdrawal penalty apply if it was your only source of income for the year? Learn more and get tax answers at H&R Block.