Henry Bloch Client Service Award winners continue founder’s legacy
Dozens of honorees, company leaders, well-wishers and more filled the venue where the annual Henry W. Bloch Excellence in Client Service Award banquet was held last week.
But one VIP was missing: Henry Bloch. In the past, H&R Block’s co-founder would have taken a seat with his fellow tax pros, relished their stories of client service, cheered their successes and shaken their hands.
But Henry passed away peacefully in April, leaving behind cherished memories of his pioneering spirit and humanitarian efforts. Fortunately, his namesake award program is one way of maintaining his legacy of serving clients and the community.
This year, 24 frontline associates (both company and franchise) received annual Henry Bloch client service awards from Karen Orosco, senior vice president of the retail business at H&R Block. Culled from a potential pool of 90,000 candidates nationwide, these tax pros, client service managers, franchise associates, office managers and more do their best everyday to deliver excellent client service.
“This ceremony is one of our most celebrated times of the year, and our 2019 winners are among the elite few to receive this recognition for their exemplary service and results,” said Orosco. “Henry was passionate about serving our clients and our communities. In fact, H&R Block’s purpose, to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere, speaks right to the heart of what mattered to Henry. I believe he would be extremely proud to see this year’s honorees carry on his legacy and be recognized with the award that shares his name.”
A round of applause
This year, the Henry Bloch client service award winners are:
- Edward Adkins, Arbutus, Md.
- Lorraine Balut, Vorhees, N.J.
- Melissa Bowen, Madison, Fla.
- Carla Clunie, Corydon, Ind.
- Marjorie Connor, Sacramento, Calif.
- Cheryl Devereaux, Marine City, Mich.
- Marcella DeVivo, Vorhees, N.J.
- Lori Dunn, Lebanon, N.H.
- Shawn Emerson, Aberdeen, Wash.
- Robert Engle, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Valerie Finello, Orlando, Fla.
- Frederick Hatley, Arkadelphia, Ark.
- Jennina Johansen, Redding, Calif.
- Lorri Lammie, Lake Placid, Fla.
- Hang Le, Denver, Colo.
- Loulie Metzger, Raleigh, N.C.
- Connie Plemmons, Waynesville, N.C.
- AnnaMarie Robenhymer, Marlton, N.J.
- Chiara Rotondi, Staten Island, N.Y.
- Jennifer Shafer, Duluth, Minn.
- Kathleen Visco, Pisgah Forest, N.C.
- Andrew Womack, Troy, Ala.
- Verta Wright, Shreveport, La.
- Sarah Yohn, Tacoma, Wash.
In a note to event attendees, Orosco summed it up: “As an H&R Block tax preparer myself, I am thrilled to share this night with you. Your stories are inspirational, and your dedication is outstanding. Congratulations on earning this high honor and thank you for all you do to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere.”
H&R Block strives to cultivate a connected culture year-round where everyone feels a sense of belonging. Hear from associates during Hispanic Heritage Month 2021.
Millions of American lives have changed during the pandemic—and H&R Block has a front row seat to it all. See how people just like you are learning to thrive in these changing times.
H&R Block report fiscal 2022 first quarter results on Tuesday, November 2, 2021 after the New York Stock Exchange market close. Read more.
H&R Block announces expanded employee benefit offerings to support associates throughout all life stages and situations. Read more.