Henry W. Bloch Award for Excellence Winners Gather in Kansas City
The 2017 class of 29 award winners break client service record
H&R Block recognized 29 company and franchise associates for going above and beyond for their clients at the 2017 Henry W. Bloch Excellence in Client Service awards dinner. The awards recognize H&R Block and Block Advisors tax-office associates for their extraordinary client service, exceptional tax expertise and ongoing commitment to company values. For the first time, every winner also earned service quality scores of 90 percent or greater.
Award winners visited the company’s world headquarters in Kansas City, Missouri. Their visit included a visit to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, a tour of H&R Block’s world headquarters and the dinner awards ceremony at the National World War I Museum and Memorial with H&R Block senior management.
“Every year, the Henry Bloch Excellence in Client Service Awards recognize the best that H&R Block and Block Advisors have to offer. Through dedication and an extra level of compassion, the 2017 award winners exemplified the Block spirit and made a true impact on the lives of our clients,” said Karen Orosco, H&R Block senior vice president – U.S. Retail. “As an H&R Block tax preparer myself, I am inspired by their examples.”
- Suzie Grigorians; Gilbert, Arizona
- Ylda Corella; Willcox, Arizona
- Raul Magallon; Oxnard, California
- Shannon Sprinkle; San Diego
- John Sandoval; San Francisco
- Arianna Carrington; Orlando, Florida
- Frederick Williams; Port Orange, Florida
- Tracy Colquitt-Page; Chicago
- Kimberly Kozak; Lake in the Hills, Illinois
- Gay Sanchez; Machesney Park, Illinois
- Dorla Hallowell; Anoka, Minnesota
- Deborah Ness; Walker, Minnesota
- Audrey Wiggins; Dumont, New Jersey
- Teresa Grant; Mantua, New Jersey
- Denise Ward; Albany, New York
- Karen Jensen; Staten Island, New York
- Lisa Herkelmann; Buffalo, New York
- Christine Thomas; Coshocton, Ohio
- Brenda Walsh; Elyria, Ohio
- Alicia Scott; West Union, Ohio
- Susan White; Alva, Oklahoma
- Mildred McLain; Moore, Oklahoma
- Alma Merck; Powdersville, South Carolina
- Beverly Kirk; Clinton, Tennessee
- Shirley Whitson; Erwin, Tennessee
- Kassie Woods; Rockwood, Tennessee
- Vera Brown; Missouri City, Texas
- Marilyn Friedersdorf; Humble, Texas
- Stephanie Brogan; Triadelphia, West Virginia
About H&R Block
H&R Block, Inc. (NYSE: HRB) is a global consumer tax services provider. Tax return preparation services are provided by professional tax preparers in approximately 12,000 company-owned and franchise retail tax offices worldwide, and through H&R Block tax software products for the DIY consumer. H&R Block also offers adjacent Tax Plus products and services. In fiscal 2017, H&R Block had annual revenues of over $3 billion with 23 million tax returns prepared worldwide. For more information, visit the H&R Block Newsroom.
Learn how one rising BlockStar is working for H&R Block, leading a tax office, a team of tax preparers, and helping clients.
Learn how H&R Block associates solve problems, invent solutions and get rewarded for submitting their ideas to be patented.
Learn how H&R Block’s experience design team turns 74,000 pages of the tax code into an online tax prep tool anyone can use.
Learn how the data science team at H&R Block uses the knowledge and experience of H&R Block’s 80,000 tax professionals to improve a client’s unique experience with a single tax professional.